Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

NO need for speed?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2000 | 03:32 PM
|
Pro Rider

I am really appauled by the comments made in the need for speed topic. How you guys be so closed minded? What is the purpose of this forum? I beleive it is to modify our bikes to be better handling and yes FASTER. No, I could care less what top speed my bike will make it too, but I am very interested in how fast my bike is. I competitively drag race in a sanctioned circuit, and I am not teh only one either. There are hundreds of others who do it, and some find themselves on this site. They have just as much right to be here as the next guy. If their topic did not involve performance mods, tehn yeah, they should be in here. Most peole on this site do not race, but some of us do. If you are not interested in racing, or making your bike faster, the just do not open the topic and read it. Its that simple. I happen to enjoy the competitive twist racing adds to atv's. I have over 15000$ in my hillshooter and I love doing it. I love tuning my motor and yes I love speed. I enjoy crossing the line at 70mph in only 300ft. Thats a rush that is not easily attained. I think you guys are way off base by discouraging those who like to go fast. Flying down dirt roads at 80mph may not be your ticket, but its not your decision to decide if others should enjoy that. There is a place for all riding except irresponsible riding, and no kind should be discouraged on a site like this. If you dont like the topic, there is nobody twisting your arm to look at it. If it says drag racing, or how much faster will this make me, then dont open it! Its that simple. If I step on toes, then oh well. I refuse to have members dictate what others should be interested in. If I can help, I will respond to any post I see. I could care less about drilling holes in my air box, because I dont even have one. But, this is the place for that topic, and I just wont open it! It makes perfect sense.

Old 03-27-2000 | 03:53 PM
Range Rover

Maybe I should of commented further on this subject in my other post. I too love making my bike faster with anything I can build or get my hands on. It doesn't stop with my quad either, I work on my Mustang constantly to get it to go faster in the 1/4, I race it and need the info of the trap speed and ET to tell me if my work has improved or hindered my performance, same goes with just about anything else I own. I hope you weren't referring to me in your post, cause I meant nothing of the kind and actually agree with you. If you don;t like it, don't read it. But, I do have to say one thing about the speed subject, if you are gonna post something about how fast a bike is, make sure it is true and not what was heard from Uncle Joe's, nephews, cousins, daughter-in-laws TRX70 doing 94mph. I shake my head everytime I here somebody tell me a story about how fast their bike is, when I know right well it can;t even come close to that. Later.

Old 03-27-2000 | 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

ok since i am one like brandon, i have come to post in here. i have noticed the bickering and such and dislike it also. i too enjoy throwing money in my banshees and racing them every weekend. and i know there are others out there also. like your grandmothers tell all u kids, if u dont have anything nice to say then dont say it at all(i dont mean t be calling all the men or adults kids so dont take it offensively)

Old 03-28-2000 | 01:27 AM
Trailblazer

Right on target.