Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

THIS IS A GRIZZLY PUT ON ALCOHOL/NITROMETHANE AND NITROUS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THIS IS A GRIZZLY PUT ON ALCOHOL/NITROMETHANE AND NITROUS!!!!!

This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: GRIZZLY ON ALCOHOL/NITROMETHANE AND NITROUS!!!!!!
ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 08-09-2001 12:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WE FINALLY DONE IT. WE HAVE A 2000 GRIZZLY THAT I PUT ON ALCOHOL. WE TOOK OUT THE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL, SPRINGS,CV JOINTS, DRIVESHAFT, AND BRAKES. LIGHTENED BY ABOUT 100 LBS.
WE HAVE BEEN FLAT DRAGGING IT SINCE MAY. THEN TWO WEEKS AGO WE PUT ON NITROMETHANE AT 33% VOLUME. HUGE POWER GAIN!! ABOUT ANOTHER 30%.
THEN TODAY!!! WE PUT NITROUS ON IT AND INJECTING ALCOHOL/NITROMETHANE AT SAME TIME.
IM 6FT 6INCHES AND 375 LBS. WITH ME ON THE GAS TANK AND FEET ON THE REAR AXLE HOUSING LEANING FORWARD I STILL HAD TO GET ON REAR BRAKE TO KEEP FROM HITTING GRAB BAR. I WILL HAVE PICS IF ANYONE WANT S TO SEE IT. THIS SUNDAY HE IS GOING TO RUN IN THE 4-STROKE OPEN CLASS GOING AGAINST RAPTORS AND 400 EX'S..... HOW WOULD ANY OF YOU LIKE GETTING BEAT BY A GRIZZLY!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
TRUST ME--- IT IS UNREAL.AFTER THIS WEEKEND WE ARE GOING TO TAKE TOP END APART AND INSPECT IT. THEN WE ARE GOING TO HONE IT AND PUT IN A WISECO PISTON. CAST PISTONS WONT STAND UP TO THE NITROUS.

THIS IS HILARIOUS TO WATCH!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT---- GRIZZLY ON NITROUS!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 707 | From: RICHMOND, IN | Registered: Jun 2001 | IP: Logged

99blaster
Member # 644
posted 08-10-2001 11:49 AM
can u send me a pic my sn is atvy250aol.com
Posts: 18 | From: new york | Registered: Jun 2001 | IP: Logged

stephan
Member # 873
posted 08-11-2001 10:47 AM
it sounds like that thing would be one hell of a hill climber.Where are you getting all these fuels and how much can a motor take without burning up the valve I used to run nitrous in one of my showcars but after a few track runs it burned out my valvetrain but it ran 11.2 at 117 miles per hour witch is awesome for a 3200 pound car After I get my warrior motor back from the shop I just might try it I still have 3/4 of a bottle left I will rig it directly into the carb and see what kind of power gain I will get thanks for the idea........
Posts: 57 | From: farmington ct | Registered: Jul 2001 | IP: Logged

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 08-13-2001 12:01 AM
WILL HAVE PICS THIS WEEK.
WE RACED IT THURSDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.
HE BEAT ONE 300EX, FOUR 400EX'S, ONE RAPTOR, AND ALL THE UTILITIES, IN THE UTILITY CLASS THOUGH HE DID NOT GET TO USE NITROUS.

DONOT PUT ANYHTING STOCK ON NITROUS-- YOU MUST CHANGE PISTON --STCOK CAST PISTON WILL NOT LAST.

PICS THIS WEEK.!!!
TIM

--------------------

TAKES MORE WORDS THAN NECESSARY TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU ACTUALLY KNOW...SOUND FAMILIAR ?

stephan
Member # 873
posted 08-14-2001 12:02 AM
Whos the intellect? What is the horsepower rating for this quad over stock and where can I get info as to what works best Ive got a buddy with a prarie 650 that has trouble keeping up with us maybe he can run some exotic fuel in his let me know what would be the best solution for his 650....thanks AB ..................
--------------------

Posts: 57 | From: farmington ct | Registered: Jul 2001 | IP: Logged

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 08-15-2001 09:42 AM
YOU CAN GO TO ALCOHOL AND NITROMETHANE, OR YOU CAN JUST ADD NITROMETHANE TO YOUR FUEL. IF YOU NEED SOME SPECS. LET ME KNOW,\

TIM

--------------------

TAKES MORE WORDS THAN NECESSARY TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU ACTUALLY KNOW...SOUND FAMILIAR ?

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 08-16-2001 10:22 PM
I DIDNT MENTION THAT ON OUR LAST RUN THAT THE ENGINE WENT RICH WHEN I HIT THE NITROUS BUTTON, THIS WAS DUE TO THE FACT I DIDNT REALIZE THAT I WAS OUT OF NITROUS, AND ALL I WAS DOING WAS INJECTING FUEL ONLY, IT WENT REAL RICH, STARTED BLOWING OIL OUT OF BREATHER TUBE. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED????
YOU CANT COMPRESS A LIQUID!!!!! SOMETHING HAD TO GIVE. I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST RINGS. BUT WE TOOK APART TODAY.... FOUND THAT THE TOP RING EFFICIENTLY FOUND ITS WAY ON TOP OF THE SECOND RING, YEP,,, IT HAPPENED, IT BROKE THE RING LAND BETWEEN THE FIRST AND SECOND RING CLEAR OFF THE PISTON. THE LAND STAYED INTACT AND STAYED IN THE PISTON, NO DAMAGE AT ALL TO CYLINDER, STILL HAD CROSSHATCHING AND NO SCRATCHES. IT WAS SHEARED OFF CLEAN AS A WHISTLE, NEAR AS I CAN TELL IT HYDROLOCKED A LITTLE CAUSING IT TO BREAK THE WAY IT DID, THIS THING STARTED AND RAN FINE COMING OUT OF THE TRAILER, EVEN RODE AROUND PARKING LOT BEFORE DISASSEMBLING, WE GOT VERY LUCKY. HONED CYLINDER, REMOVED VALVES TO INSPECT, CHECKED GUIDES AND SPRINGS. EVERYTHING LOOKED FANTASTIC, PUT IN NEW WISECO PISTON AND RINGS.I KNEW CAST PISTON WOULDNT LAST BUT NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE DONE THAT. GOT A RACE THIS SATURDAY, WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
TIM

the_codeman_aka_bigfoot
Member # 785
posted 08-16-2001 11:36 PM
hey man i like the work u do for ppl (like me haha) on here and i like the work u do in real life too, i hope to do this when i get older. it sounds like this thing would race like its gone out of style. u sound like ur a big boy like me but ur 130lbs more and an inch taller and r prob all muscle and if u couldnt keep it down on 4 wheels it must be nutz, i thought my 400ex was wheelie happy jeeze! anyway if u would send me a few pics of that mean machine and i can drowl lookin at it haha. my address is
the_codeman_aka_bigfoot@hotmail.com
thank alot
--------------------

see ya around
cody

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 08-22-2001 11:36 PM
I HAVE A FEW PICS NOW OF THE GRIZZLY AND MY BANSHEE.
GETTING READY FOR ANOTHER RACE WEEKEND.. I NOW HAVE PUT A STAGE IV NITROUS KIT ON MY BANSHEE.JUST PUT ON TONIGHT....GOING TO FINISH JETTING TOMORROW NIGHT.....
LE ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE PICS..
TIM

jalaycock
Member # 654
posted 08-23-2001 12:07 AM
Tim, you and I have the same love for speed, but I think you have the bigger pocketbook. I think its great that you are able to do all these things with your stuff. We run dirt drags down here in south ga., and so far we have done very well. I would like to see some pics of your machines. Maybe I can get everybody's banshees together and get a pic for yall Indiana boys. We have some fast bikes, but we are staying in the non-outlaw class because their is more money in the "banshee class"(no alcohol,no stroker,no nitrous, under 400cc). We are working on a few things for the future, but for know we are winning the way we are. I don't know if you mess with the mini atv's much, but we are building a Scrambler 90 which is suppose to run 66 mph. If you want to check out parts for the mini's, you can look up simmons racing at eton racing. You will have to go to a search engine, because I dont remember the exact address, but that is where we are getting our stuff. We are building for a friends daughter to drag race. Please send the pics to jalaycock@friendlycity.net. Hey man I appreciate it, I will print them and show them at work(polaris dealership). I like to show off good Yamahas because I'm still loyal. Keep it up. Maybe you could come down and race with us sometime.
Posts: 50 | From: tifton, ga | Registered: Jun 2001 | IP: Logged

jalaycock
Member # 654
posted 08-28-2001 12:38 AM

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 08-28-2001 11:26 PM
JALAYCOCK---
DID YOU GET MY PICS OF BANSHEE AND GRIZZLY??

I HAVE DONE PORT WORK AND EXHAUST FABRICATIONS ON THE MANCO 90CC.
FACTORY ONLY REVS ABOUT 8200 RPM'S
NOW IT TURNS 14,850 RPM'S
HE HAS YET TO GET BEAT....HAVE TRIED DOING WORK TO SCRAMBLER 90....NO LUCK SO FAR...I AM INTERESTED THOUGH IN WHAT YOU ALL HAVE DONE TO MAKE ONE THAT FAST...

TIM

jalaycock
Member # 654
posted 08-28-2001 11:46 PM
got the pics, thanks, i'll let you know about the scrambler when it's done.

quadjumper15
Member # 1008
posted 08-30-2001 07:00 PM
Hey send me pics i would love to see you creation send to:
Pantbaii@aol.com
Thanks
--------------------

DUH!

JS4x4Y2K
Member # 1280
posted 09-01-2001 07:01 PM
please send me pics of the GRIZZLY!! i have a 2000 griz too and i want to see this!
atvmania@msn.com

thanks,
JS

Posts: 7 | From: WYOMING | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

wolverine15
Member # 1281
posted 09-01-2001 09:31 PM
send me a pick !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2 | From: canada | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

warrior
Member # 1021
posted 09-02-2001 06:06 PM
Hey can u send me some pic's of ur banshee an grizzly thanks
Atvracer014@aol.com

--------------------

n/a

Posts: 45 | From: Royal Palm Beach Florida | Registered: Aug 2001 | IP: Logged

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 09-08-2001 12:42 AM
IVE BEEN TRYING TO SEND PICS....EMAIL SCREWED UP AS USUAL.....
WILL KEEP TRYING....
LET ME KNOW WHO STILL WANTS SOME PICS....

TIM

warrior
Member # 1021
posted 09-08-2001 12:44 PM
Hey ill take some pic's of them if u can send them
--------------------

n/a

warrior
Member # 1021
posted 09-08-2001 12:45 PM
sorry im at atvracer014@aol.com
--------------------

n/a

goatboy
Member # 1345
posted 09-10-2001 11:17 PM
Hey, I was wander if you can send me some pics of that grizzly, thanks,
soccerboy129@earthlink.com

Posts: 9 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 09-15-2001 12:58 AM
IVE SENT THE PICS TO MOST OF YOU....DID I LEAVE ANYBODY OUT.????
TIM

darlingtonraptor
Member # 1350
posted 09-15-2001 03:13 PM
alchol burner,
i have a question for you about my raptor. what is the highest octane i can use without hurting the piston? i have a white bro's e-series silencer, pro-circuit headpipe, use 165/170 jetting with no airbox lid. i race in mud drags here in florence, sc.i have used 104 octane before, i can tell a difference. but how hi can i go? i would also like some pics of your banshee and grizzly. email---rfrank67@earthlink.net

Posts: 5 | From: darlington, south carolina | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

warrior
Member # 1021
posted 09-15-2001 09:49 PM
yea i didnt get pic's yet atvracer014@aol.com
--------------------

n/a

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 09-16-2001 06:46 PM
DARLINGTON RAPTOR----YOU CAN GO UP AS HIGH AS YOU WANT WITHIN REASON...BUT YOU ARENT GOING TO GAIN A GREAT DEAL OF POWER WITH JUST HIGH OCTANE FUEL...THERE IS A MISCONSEPTION ABOUT FUEL.....HIGH OCTANE FUEL IS FOR HIGH COMPRESSION...REASON IS THAT A HIGH COMPRESSION ENGINE NEEDS HIGHER OCTANE BECAUSE WITH HIGH COMPRESSION LOW OCTANE FUEL IS VERY UNSTABLE AND WILL DETONATE AT THE WRONG TIME....THATS WHERE YOU GET PREIGNITION KNOCK....THE HIGHER THE OCTANE RATING THE MORE STABLE FUEL IS....WHEN FUEL IS VERY STABLE THAT MEANS IT WILL FIRE WHEN THE SPARK PLUG TELLS IT TO...
WHEN IT FIRES WHEN IT IS SUPPOSE TO YOU GET A LOT LONGER USEABLE BURN RATE...CAUSING MORE POWER....LOWER COMPRESSION ENGINES SUCH AS RAPTOR, 400 EX, 300 EX ETC... DOESNT NEED EXTREMELY HIGH OCTANE FUEL BECAUSE THERE ISNT A PREIGNITION PROBLEM....
SO I GUESS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION IS THAT YOU CAN GO AS HIGH AS YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU DONT BUY OXYGEN BEARING FUEL....OXYGEN BEARING FUEL WILL CHANGE YOUR JETTING DUE TO THE EXTRA OXYGEN IT CARRIES....
ID RECOMMEND NO HIGHER THAN 108 OCTANE FUEL JUST DUE TO THE FACT AFTER 105-108 THE PRICE OF THE FUEL IS VERY HIGH...YOUR WASTING YOUR MONEY.....
I AM BASING ALL OF THIS ON THE FACT I ASSUME YOU ARE A STCOK ENGINE.....FACTORY COMPRESSION...FACTORY VALVES...STOCK TIMING..
IF YOUR HAPPY WITH THE 104 I WOULD STAY WITH IT...
HOPE I COULD HELP...

TIM

warrior
Member # 1021
posted 09-16-2001 06:47 PM
Hey Ab i have a warrior and i want 2 sell it b/c im like u i want more speed and my bike only does about 70 now i would like 2 see the pic's of that Banshee and Grizz i want 2 see the banshee it sounds bad azz so does the grizz but i would rather have a banshee b/c u can get more speed and if they have any mods the look a lot better than any other bike with mods well i have been trying 2 get pics of it but u never sent them yet
atvracer014@aol.com Thanks Robert
--------------------

n/a

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 09-17-2001 12:18 AM
WARRIOR-----THE PICS ARE ON THE WAY...SORRY TO TAKE SO LONG, BEEN BUSY...
TIM

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 12-07-2001 10:50 PM

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 01-17-2002 09:47 PM

Drag Racer
Member # 1756
posted 01-18-2002 12:04 PM
Hey alochol burner can I get some of those pictures of that grizzly you juiced up e-mail me at jcs1288@bellsouth.net

banshee_kid
Member # 1891
posted 02-04-2002 12:15 PM
hey can you send me some or all the pics of th griz and banshee i too have a banshee and it gets lame riding a stock one any power gains for litle money i am still paying for it thanx yz80_devil@hotmail.com
Posts: 12 | From: tuftonboro nh | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 02-10-2002 10:58 AM
PICS ARE ON THE WAY GUYS...
TIM

kingnuget
Member # 1914
posted 02-10-2002 07:48 PM
hey if u get the chance can u send those pics to someyoungguy30@hotmail.com
Posts: 1 | From: kansas city | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 02-17-2002 11:15 PM

BMBMRCN
Member # 1636
posted 02-18-2002 09:05 AM
Het Tim,, would like to have a look of these KILLER machines,, we are on our way to the sand drags this week-end ourselfs,, going to see how the Raptor and old lady's warrior hold there own..I also have a question,, have you or anybody else put independent suspension on a mini Raptor 80,, I'm looking at the front suspension of the breeze to adapt,, any info..... L 8 R ....Tim. please send pics to BMBMRCN@AOL.COM....Thanks
--------------------

2002 RAPTOR,, SON 2002 RAPTOR 80 & WIFE 2002 WARRIOR

Riva Performance Forum » ATV Performance Forum » GRIZZLY ON ALCOHOL/NITROMETHANE AND NITROUS!!!!!! (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: GRIZZLY ON ALCOHOL/NITROMETHANE AND NITROUS!!!!!!
TBrown
Member # 1825
posted 02-18-2002 03:21 PM
ALCOHOL BURNER I have been telling my friends about these machines and they dont believe me. If you could send me some pictures of these wild machines i would appreciate it. Thanks send to mc70fan@hotmail.com
Posts: 9 | From: nebraska | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged

repete
Member # 1351
posted 02-18-2002 06:19 PM
Hey ALCHOHOL BURNER could I get those pics too? My e-mail is repeter@adelphia.net Thanks man
[ 02-18-2002: Message edited by: repete ]

--------------------

2002 Grizzly 660
27" Dirt Devils
2500 Warn on custom reciever mount
Yamaha CV guards Ft & Rr
PICS

Posts: 6 | From: Oakland,ME USA | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 02-25-2002 09:35 PM
THEY ARE ON THE WAY....

TIM

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 03-08-2002 09:02 PM

mospeed1
Member # 1808
posted 03-09-2002 10:38 AM
can u send me a pic of the grizz also
--------------------

http://mospeed.nissanpower.com/

Posts: 8 | From: pompano bch fl | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged

mospeed1
Member # 1808
posted 03-09-2002 10:41 AM
sorry mospeed1@aol.com
my link dosnt work anymore

--------------------

http://mospeed.nissanpower.com/

Posts: 8 | From: pompano bch fl | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged

Raptorkidd
Member # 1934
posted 03-27-2002 07:31 PM
will you send me some pics at tomp739@aol.com i would really appricate it
Posts: 4 | From: georgia | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 05-09-2002 11:20 PM

ALCOHOL BURNER
Member # 711
posted 05-29-2002 10:22 PM

tanokqa1967
Member # 2538
posted 06-04-2002 08:44 AM
I wanna see the pics :-)

Old 01-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

THIS MIGHT BE THE WORLDS FIRST FUNNY QUAD.

Old 01-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey I would like to see those pics too if its not too much trouble.

Thanks!!!

Old 01-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

PICS ARE ON THE WAY[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2003, 10:20 PM
RIP Dear Friend

WIDELOAD,

Why don't you fire up your own photo page on ATV Connection forums?

Old 02-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Trailblazer

PICS ARE ON THE WAY GUYS...

THANKS......

TIM

Old 02-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

id love to see pics... got any videos of it??

Old 02-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

solareclipse02gt@aol.com

Old 02-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah i got em, had any problems with rocks or debris cutting the nitrous lines??

Old 02-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

NO....TUCKED AWAY PRETTY DECENT........
TRACK CONDITIONS ARE EXCEPTIONALLY NICE ALSO.....

TIM

Quick Reply: THIS IS A GRIZZLY PUT ON ALCOHOL/NITROMETHANE AND NITROUS!!!!!