Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Trinity Racing should stop porting

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2000, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to post this message for any one who is thinking about porting there cylinders out. If you are shoping for a good porter than DON'T go to Trinity Racing. I just compared my cyl (stage IV)porting to the one on the Mac Dizzy site and mine looks like some one was drunk when they ported it, I am so unhappy with mine ( I have a full season of riding on it) that I am going to get a stock cyl and have some one like CT or LRD port it. The Mac Dizzy guy seems to really know his sh--t you really ought to check his web site out it is loaded with good info. WWW.MacDizzy.com just trying to keep some of you from making the mistake that I did. see ya later

Old 04-18-2000, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Heres the problem wiht trinity. They have gotten to big. They now have a $5.50 an hour drug addict supporting his habit porting motors! Any body van scuff the cylinders and make it look like they were really worked on. If they like you, then you might get that $7.00 and hour guy to do it. HArry himself nows what he is doing. The older trinity port jobs are much better because they believed in quality, while they were building there reputation. Now they can care less. They are hiring second rate personel in order to make more money. I only send my stuff to people who have one guy porting, and I want him to OWN the company. Even if somebody has been showed what to do, it still doesnt amke up for actually knowing why it has to be done that way. Why do you aim the intakes to the sides? Why do you ruff the intake and smooth the exhaust? The guy need to understand this stuff, not just now he hass to cut out 2.235mm on the transfer. If he doesnt understand how it all works together, then he is going to be careless and not do it exactly to spec. He''l just think Oh well this is close enough. Not on my engine its not!

Old 04-18-2000, 02:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey,
Brandon is right about harry, and back about 8-10 years ago they were the hot ticket. I had mine done by CT and I have no complaints so far. One of the best porting jobs I have seen yet was done by Jeff Tudor of Tudors performance (909-549-0920) he actually has a way to port the cylinder without taking away all of the important metal that guides the rings, it kinda looks like cats eyes when he is done. He just power jetted my carb a few weeks ago and it works great. I am now getting my brothers warrior motor together for him to make a 600cc stroker out of it, the man is good. I have had no trouble from my motor that Ct built either except that they left some metal shaving's on my carb when they bored it out to match the motor they built for me. ---Ron

PS. Thanks again sanddraggin for your thoughts and prayers concerning my mother's accident, If anyone else would like to read it, it is in the suzuki atv area called Listen Up I need your help.
Hey you can also e-mail Jeff tudor at www.tudorsperformance.com

Old 04-18-2000, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Brandon you are right about some one just scuffing the cylinder to make it look like it was actually ported because thats just what my cyl looks like (the inside) I can see spots were they didn't completely grind and you can see "old spots" of metal that are part of the organial wall. I am so pissed at Trinity because the took my good hard earned money and let some moron attempt to port my cylinder. I will NEVER recommend Trinity to anyone.

Hey Mutiple 500's good luck to your mom hope all is well with her.

Old 04-20-2000, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

I think most of the big companies are this way. I was very happy with my CT porting untill I rode a machine done by Hetrick Racing. I instantly took my cylinder to him and now that thing really rips. His # is (814)676-0477. Let him know Garrett sent you. It's best to call after 6PM EST.

Old 04-20-2000, 02:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey draggin i have a mac dizzy motor and WOW EEEE!!!!! rick knows his way around a grinder and is not afraid to share any of the info for the do it yourself guy's try to get that stuff out of trinity duncan ct ect (yeh right)