Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Pinging old polaris tech

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pinging old polaris tech

Can you send me a pm?

Old 09-18-2015, 01:04 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Watsup? Better to have everything out in the forum as any questions or answers may help others also.No one person knows all the answers and there are a lot of smart folks that can chime in.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:59 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Watsup? Better to have everything out in the forum as any questions or answers may help others also.No one person knows all the answers and there are a lot of smart folks that can chime in.
Maybe its a she and she wants a date.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Hey old polaris tech. This is Eric from OTB Powersports the reason for my ping is I have some products I would like to send you for review. You offer good solid advice here and I would like to get your opinion on some of the products we offer.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:01 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

I appreciate the offer Eric,but when I say I'm "retired and loving it" I mean it literally! I've recommended your efi cable repair kits because I saw the heavier gauge wiring that you used and the connector quality compared to the crappy harness repair kits that Polaris supplied to us which I had to replace over and over..I really think it's in your best interest to have someone actively involved in the power sports industry instead of an old worn out mechanic to review any new products. Plus you gotta remember I've been retired almost 5 years now and the last machine I touched was a 2011 model.. While my hands and memory last I'll keep on chugging along helping people where I can.Being on the forum is better mind therapy than doing cross word puzzles in my spare time. Again thanks for making good products for these folks that need them.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

Hey no problem. I just appreciate knowledgeable people who offer good helpful advice. I'm just wanting to get my products in the hands of those people because they can offer their real world experiences and I can see what they do and don't like about the products. This helps me out in that I can make any changes to make my products better. Well anyway enjoy the retirement..I've got a lot of years before I get to even think about that.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got some questions about setting up backshift on a 98 xplorer 300. Not sure how to start a thread. Hope you do not mind me sticking it here.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:12 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Terrylefor
I got some questions about setting up backshift on a 98 xplorer 300. Not sure how to start a thread. Hope you do not mind me sticking it here.
You can go cheap on this by changing spring position in the rear clutch or go to clutch kits. Before you go too far I'd look over a cheap manual and see if it serves your purpose. Plus for a few bucks it goes into detail on clutch repair ,spring settings,different springs and up shifting and back shifting settings.http://visit.tradebit.com/visit.php/...75/264163234/9