Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2008 500 sportsman efi

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 500 sportsman efi

My polaris is backfiring every 10 mins or so and lasts about a minute or so. I have gone through a puddle that splashed up and it made the bike quit. After a minute or so it starts back up. Also was pressure washing it and it was running ... when i sprayed in by the front right wheel again it quit. Anyone wanna give me an idea as to where to start looking? Might start by cleaning all electrical contacts and re greasing. Anything else to go on?

Old 01-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I could think would be a bad plug wire, get wet, shorts out. My Arctic Cat spends a fair bit of time in water almost up to the seat. How about, on a pitch black night , get her running and spray a fine mist of water around the motor, back in the old days flathead Fords, that worked, haha. Light up like a Christmas tree.