Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Predator 90 rear wheel wobble

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:17 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

You can try,but I always added washers outside to try to get the hub nut to hold the hub tighter. Any way you look at it,it's just a temp measure to snug things up until you're able replace the hubs in most cases.

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:23 PM
|
Trailblazer

Would the hub wear out where it fits over the axle, or the axle where the hub fits over? The splines seem fine as the wheel doesnt move front to back as if the splines were worn down but side to side almost as if a bearing were missing. Id rather replace the worn/ missing parts than rig it for time being as i have a month til his birthday.

And thankyou so much for the replies. If im not explaing right i can send you a video if youd explain how to post/send it. Lol

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:28 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Then replace the hubs if you want to do it right as they again will wear out way before the axle splines will in most cases.. The washer again was just a way to snug hubs up tighter but not designed as a fix..

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:33 PM
|
Trailblazer

ok thanks!! And would the inner diameter of the hub wear out as well causing the side to side wobble? The guy i bought it from said it was stock but i guess he could have changed the hubs? The splines seem tight but where it fits over the axle is sloppy as all get out causing the left to right slop/wabble.

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:34 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by rdjustham
and would the inner diameter of the hub wear out as well causing the side to side wobble?
yes!!

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:37 PM
|
Trailblazer

Great thanks so much!!!! Last question (for now lol). Should i go oem for a 90, ebay or something that would give a wider stAnce (what machine would be a great help) since in a year or so id like to pep the motor up.

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:47 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by rdjustham
Great thanks so much!!!! Last question (for now lol). Should i go oem for a 90, ebay or something that would give a wider stAnce (what machine would be a great help) since in a year or so id like to pep the motor up.
OEM .. When the child is ready to jump up,go to a larger machine he/she can handle. Don't waste time and money on an entry level youth machine in trying to hop one up..They are what they are. Just to get them first involved in atvs.

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:50 PM
|
Trailblazer

Ok thanks. I really appreciate the help and advice. Think its worth it to pick up a set on ebay for less than half the price, or get a set off of bikebandit/cheap cycle parts for a 100 ish?

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:58 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

If new aftermarket hub sets are offered now on these youth machines,then yes aftermarket is ok at half the oem price.Don't go after any used parts..You may get worse than what you have.

Old 03-20-2016 | 09:00 PM
|
Trailblazer

Ok, ill check bike bandit and cheapcycleparts. Any othe suggestions. Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Predator 90 rear wheel wobble