Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2010 500HO Hesitation on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 500HO Hesitation on acceleration

Hi All,

Brand new here! I have a 2010 500HO that seems to hesitate or miss on acceleration under load. I took my son to the gas station and while we were headed there, during acceleration from a stop, it would miss. I should mention too, it has a miss at idle but no discernible miss when in punching the throttle in park. The idle miss is confirmable using a timing light. It is absolutely possible this miss is also occurring under load and noticeable in park, off idle. The carb has been off half a dozen times, super clean, blown out all the jets (new carb kit), ran seafoam through it etc. I'm at a bit of a loss here. I am going to see tonight if the fuel pump is pumping as it should. It does mange 55 MPH but, misses as you are holding WOT. I can ease into the throttle up to 25MPH without noticing it but after 1/4 throttle it starts to become noticeable. The rpm gauge is inaccurate without the lights on if that matters? Anyone experienced this? I'm stumped and don't want to just throw money at it.

Carb Cleaned
Seafoamed
New Belt
New filter
Cam is good
Valves are clearanced
No gas in oil