Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

2005 MV7 no spark at all

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2024 | 07:29 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 2005 MV7 no spark at all

Hello this is my first post here. But I have an 05 MV7 (sportsman 700 really) in the shop at the moment that has absolutely no spark what so ever. Now this is a carb model with the Kokusan ignition system. I have gone through the entire ignition system at least 5 time using the service manuals flow chart and resistance measurements. Everything tests out just fine. So I replaced the CDI with a cheap one cause customer didn’t want to spend $600 on one. But still no voltage from CDI to coil. Now I tested the kill switch again, works as it should. And disconnected from CDI to rule it out. Then I tested the ECT again and disconnected it as well. I have triple checked my grounds and powers coming out of CDI and regulator. I have cleaned frame and batt grounds. I tested the ignition switch it’s fine, I even unplugged the instrument cluster to see if that had any effect( it doesn’t come on at all anyways). What am I missing? I need some help cause this is getting to be a non money making job and I need it gone!

Could the lack of a functional instrument cluster cause it to not spark? I kinda doubt it but I’m starting to question everything. Please help me!