Polaris Ask an Expert! In fond memory of Old Polaris Tech. An area where experts in their field will answer non-general questions about your Polaris ATV.
"old polaris tech" and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.
ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE POLARIS FORUM.
Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!

Trailblazer250 Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Trailblazer250 Help

just noticed a major fuel leak. Seems to be coming from a tube that houses wires etc arouond the crankcase? Does this sound possible. I am new to the Polaris and not sure what to make of it. The bike runs well but it seems to have some rtv sealant around this hose and now there is fuel leaking out.

Also on a second note the bike will not idle in gear. Is this normal? The bike runs ok in nuetral but when the gear lever is pressed forward it will die if brakes are applied, if not the bike rolls and you can drive away? I thought maybe this was normal due to the snowmobile like features of the bike. Very awkward but cool bike. Please Help!
web355

Old 08-26-2011, 04:50 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to the forum! trace the "tube" back to its source,probably the overflow line on the carb. Will leak if the needle and seat (needle valve) in the carb is worn or float level out of adjustment. The only other line that will leak fuel is the tank vent hose if its routed downward.
As far as not idling sounds like you need to check the clutches and the belt especially if it creeps in gear or tries to die.Could just need a new belt OR may need new front clutch buttons and rear clutch ramp buttons. A manual would help if you intend on repairing yourself. OPT

Old 08-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I will check this weekend and see if I can track down the leak. The bike has been sitting in a Barn for a while so I am going to go through the carb this weekend anyway.
As far as the belt or clutch, that may be out of my league. The bike definitly creeps in gear as you put it, and if you stop on an incline and try to just pop it into gear it usually dies before it can get going.
Can i check the belt very easily? I am going to try and run down a manual asap, one didnt come with bike. I work on cars quite a bit but still learning on the smaller engines, Polaris bikes, etc...
Thanks again for any advice!
WEB355

Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You have to remove the the black cover exposing the clutches, if belt is fairly tight and no worn spots could be ok, but as far as the buttons you do need special tools on the front clutch if service is needed and the rear clutch has to be broken down. What usually cause one to creep is the belt alignment with the clutches to where the belt is touch the front clutch side instead of being in the middle of the clutch. This cause the rear clutch to turn and would be hard to shift ALSO if idle is too high can do the same thing! There is an idle adjustment on the side of the carb. OPT