Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

Haulin a RZR in GMC Sierra...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haulin a RZR in GMC Sierra...

I'm on the waiting list for a new RZR and am planning on carrying it in the back of my GMC Sierra with the tailgate down. Is anybody out there doing the same or similar and are there any space or loading problems. Also what are you doing for tie downs - there don't seem to be very many possibilities like I have on my ATV. Am getting a 48 inch bi-fold ramp so at 50 inches wide that should work.

Anybody out there got any comments - should it all work OK.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

i'm not sure the size on our silverado, but a rhino will fit, and the rzr is smaller so it should.i'm not sure the lenght on it, do you have a crew or extended cab with the shortest bed? if you do it won't fit unless you get a t-bar and run metal or wood from the back of the truck bed to the t-bar for your tires to set on.
confused, sorry

Old 09-10-2007, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx - I've got the extended cab and with the tailgate down I figured it would fit - just wanted to hear from somebody that's doing it to confirm it can be done - what are you doing for tie downs tho

Old 09-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

hook a ratchet strap in the tie-down loop on the back of the bed, take it around the back of the tires, and hook the other end on the other one and ratched it up tight, and don't forget to put it park. my buddy forgot to one time on his rhino, and when he went up the driveway the rhino came back down the driveway(put an old tire or something like that inbetween the front bumper and the front of the bed) P.S. welcome to the forums

Old 09-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx never thought of doin that

Old 09-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

I`ve seen pics of them in trucks like yours.It will fit with the tailgate down,but I would really strap it in good.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

That's how I went to get mine 75mph for 350miles no problem.....short box....doesn't even hit the glass

Name:  IMG00268.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  91.2 KB
Name:  IMG00267.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  99.9 KB

Old 09-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx for the pics - I was trying to see how you've got it tied down - is that one ratchet strap across the back and do you do the same on the front - and do you think a 48 inch wide ramp will be OK

Old 09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

I have a 05 Chev Ext cab I drive it on & use ratchet straps hooked into the rear wheels & the cargo hooks works real well. With the 27" 589 the tires are against the front of the box & it keeps it away from the back window. I also use short ratchet straps to help suppurt the tailgate hook on end on the tailgate & other on the locking post for the tailgate.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MedicineRifle

Thanx for the pics - I was trying to see how you've got it tied down - is that one ratchet strap across the back and do you do the same on the front - and do you think a 48 inch wide ramp will be OK</end quote></div>

My trailer is 48" wide...so your ramp will be ok.....but trust me just find a small hill and back you truck to it and back your Rzr in (because its weight is in the rear)

I only use tie down in the front...the rear tires are weged between the wheel wells...she didnt move a half inch

Quick Reply: Haulin a RZR in GMC Sierra...