Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility

new RZR

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
If you end up picking one up let us know your likes and dislikes. I'd consider an S up in Maine but NH has a lot of gated trails where anything over 50" isn't going to work. I'm kind of surprised that 60" works in Maine. I went through a lot of "gates" made out of boulders where it seemed to be less than that. Maine is smart though and is attracting ATVers from all over. I know I enjoyed the rides I've been on and the week I spent in Jackman.
Will do Moose. I hope I'm able to give you that info If I don't do XP I will likely end up with a turbo on the 800. I'd rather have the XP though for that crazy rear suspension and the new 88hp dohc twin. There's a number of other features on it worth upgrading too.

I've talked to people who ride their S in NH Moose. I'll try to locate some and maybe get you in touch to discuss locations.

Maine has tons of areas to go 60". All the boulders I've been though are 60" and the ATV maps all say 60" max. Have not seen a 50" gate yet, but I'm sure some exist somewhere. Yes, there are some areas I can't ride, but I don't want to ride super tight and woodsy stuff if I can avoid it anyway....Rocks are different though. These things have crazy low end and can climb like goats. They're also made to fly. It's easy to drive very fast on the trails.....pretty damn exciting. I had mine up to just a nick under 70mph last summer on a rail bed. Can carry all kinds of stuff, strapped in, no thumb action. Love the thing.

Last edited by FunRide; 01-06-2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: removed atv comment
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Talking

Originally Posted by FunRide
Oh, there is A LOT of interest over at RZRForums about this machine. I have an RZR-S and ride the hell out of it in Maine. Have not been turned back once on the trails here. It is way more stable than a standard RZR and the suspension is fantastic. It's a fun machine and worth every dollar IMO. It's worth so much in fact, I'm selling it......and going to buy the RZR-XP. It's not just for the desert. There are wheel kits that will take 2" off each side and get me back to my required 60" width. Truthfully, I have not made the decision to go XP RZR yet. It's looking more and more likely by the day. This is going to be one crazy trial machine.
The RZR XP Probably has the all time record for the most internet discussion about a confirmed model UTV before it actually hit the dealers..and the RZR XP is hitting dealers much quicker than normal Polaris fashion. There is alot of talk of it on all the SxS foums... the Can-Am Forums as well lol. I'm sure Polaris is proud.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

If you end up picking one up let us know your likes and dislikes. I'd consider an S up in Maine but NH has a lot of gated trails where anything over 50" isn't going to work.
Moose....I decided against the RZR-XP due the the costs associated with making it 60". The wheels alone are going to be another $1600, then you need tires and you're still illegal at 61". It would likely be OK at 61", but I would be bashing through boulder barriers. Also be damn near 20K all said and done.

My '11 is is a blast and it will be even more fun with a turbo and it's legal. I have two turbo options, just not sure which one yet. Likely go K&T, like HighOctane did but need to see what Aerocharger comes out with in the next couple months. Aero has some new kit for the '11 with an intercooler they claim is not currently available on smaller machines and completely hidden under the rear deck. We'll see. Price is supposed to be <4K.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Moose....I decided against the RZR-XP due the the costs associated with making it 60". The wheels alone are going to be another $1600, then you need tires and you're still illegal at 61". It would likely be OK at 61", but I would be bashing through boulder barriers. Also be damn near 20K all said and done.

My '11 is is a blast and it will be even more fun with a turbo and it's legal. I have two turbo options, just not sure which one yet. Likely go K&T, like HighOctane did but need to see what Aerocharger comes out with in the next couple months.
You can't go wrong with either one..is Aerocharger close to releasing the kit for the '11's? I know there are K&Ts out there on 11's..they made some changes to support the 11's awhile ago,even before I bought my kit..but not sure what effect the new ECM has..likely just have to clutch it to run lower RPMS..which will hurt power some. I can tell a pretty big difference when I let my turn 6800ish vs 64-6500.
I have to say though..if I didn't already have a turbo I'd be 1st in line for the XP...and looking to turbo it but I don't have hard width restictions either.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
You can't go wrong with either one..is Aerocharger close to releasing the kit for the '11's? I know there are K&Ts out there on 11's..they made some changes to support the 11's awhile ago,even before I bought my kit..but not sure what effect the new ECM has..likely just have to clutch it to run lower RPMS..which will hurt power some. I can tell a pretty big difference when I let my turn 6800ish vs 64-6500.
I have to say though..if I didn't already have a turbo I'd be 1st in line for the XP...and looking to turbo it but I don't have hard width restictions either.
I don't know. There's just something holding me back on the 64" width. When you say that XP locally, didn't it look like a huge machine? I've heard people say they are super wide. They are awesome sounding for sure. What about turning radius...

Old 01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know. There's just something holding me back on the 64" width. When you say that XP locally, didn't it look like a huge machine? I've heard people say they are super wide. They are awesome sounding for sure. What about turning radius...
Yeah...I hear you. You have to draw a line somewhere..I remember you wee concerned about the S's width..so I can imagine another 4" is really hard to swallow. I haven't see than one in person, my buddy that owns the dealership e-mailed me those pictures..but yes he said...it is BIG. That was one of his first remarks to me...He said "you have to see it in person to grasp it's size"..and it is "as big as a Ranger". Although the front cab is the same as the reg RZRs the 64" track and wide flares probably make it look huge in person..

Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until my dealer has one to see it. Turbo on the 800 RZR sounds awfully fun though. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until my dealer has one to see it. Turbo on the 800 RZR sounds awfully fun though. Thanks for keeping us updated.
It does Moose....Rod has one.....Lucky bastard.

You won't see one sitting on the floor in the East until Spring. Demand is high out West and South, where this is their prime time.

I really shouldn't be looking at one of these monsters, but you should search Youtube and listen to it. Nuts machine....makes me drool.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Range Rover

My buddy just got The new RZR he has had it on order for 6 months and finally picked it up yesterday i went over and checked it out it looks sweet and the powetr is awesome the only downfall is the width.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default polaris rzr's

what I learned from Polaris about all this-

They are moving their production facility from Canada to mexico
they are trying to figure out the market demands , where it is going
Is the pricing right for their rzr's

I did not pick up anything like they would drop the 800's but that the motors may be upgraded to the 900 or something with more HP-

I bought the new razor 900 xp and have problems with the quality of the unit but I can tell you from inside the 900 - once you drive it you would never go back to the 800-- It is scary quick

the wider stance helps stability and I would expect that existing parks will eventualy change to allow these safer ( wider stance) utv's in to their trails

My Honda Fury cost was $13,000.00 by comparison the Polaris rzr xp 900 cost $3,000.00 more-- so for me the price is right-- both turn heads and the polaris looks like a Baja racing machine that people love to look at because it is so radical. It looks so powerfull just sitting still you just want to spend time crawling all over it.

Look when you floor it on take off it almost pulls a wheelieeeeeee
Runs over curbs and you don't even feel it