Polaris Side by Sides Talk about the tough Polaris Sport and Utility
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Ranger 800. No start

Old 04-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Ranger 800. No start

So I purchased a 2011 Ranger 800, needed minor work. Fixed all of that stuff and used it twice. Started it up a few days ago, drove about 10 feet and it died. Just as if I turned the key off. Will not do anything now. Turn on key and speedo lights up, but no info displayed. No temp, doesnít show N, doesnít show anything except the time. No fuel pump action. No brake lights. No clicks. Nothing. All lights work (except brake lights, by-passed they work). All fuses and relays are good. Checked all grounds, checked over the wiring. Jump the solenoid and the engine cranks. Changed ignition switch, no change. What do I do next? Iím stumped. Prior to this happening everything worked correctly. Parking brake switch, foot brake switch, all lights, always started and now nothing. I promise all fuses and relays are fine.

Old 04-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE 4/9...
I haven't tinkered with the Ranger since my original post. I failed to mention that the Ranger is garage kept and never stays outside. A friend insisted that something got wet, but it's never been wet since I've owned it. Anyways, I was walking past the stupid thing this morning to go to work and just for no reason I stopped and turned the key on. Everything works... I didn't try to start it because I know I nearly drained the battery on Saturday, but the fuel pump primed up, the display on the speedo worked. Although puzzled, I was pretty happy that things seemed to be working again. I am now charging the battery and with any luck this thing will run and that gremlin will hopefully not show-up again. It's gotta be a bad connection somewhere, but where I have no idea...