Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mossy Oak Decal Peeling Prob

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mossy Oak Decal Peeling Prob

Hello... I've got a 03 Sp500 Mossy Oak. I've noticed a few spots around the seat and one specially by the gas cap that the mossy oak paint is peeling off. I've only had the darn thing for a month. I am going to take it in before my Manf. warranty expires to have them look at some other things. I feel as if they need to fix this peeling problem before it get's worse. Will it eventually get worse even though I won't use pressure washers on it? I pay an extra $300 bucks for Mossy Oak and the sh*t starts peeling on me. I DON'T use pressure washes on the body panels. Has anybody had this problem and what has polaris done about it. Any suggestions.

Old 05-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer

Any Suggestions????

Old 05-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard of the peeling problem a couple of times on this forum, but my 03 700 hasn't peeled any yet and I pressure wash it all the time I just don't hold the nozzle real close. I would definitely take it back to the dealer. The finish on my 700 seems to be very durable, I even removed all the warning stickers with a heat gun and the camo didn't budge.

Old 05-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

Try to use clear nail polish wear it is peeling, if the dealer doesn't do anything for you.

Old 05-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is it peeling in areas where rocks or sand get slung up from the wheels? I have a friend and the same thing is happening to his. UNfortunately it didn't happen till after the warranty ran out. Rocks were chipping the thin camo coating allowing moisture to get under it. The least you can do is get the Polaris dealer to replace the plastic, and then ask them what happens if the new plastic peels again. Maybe they'll give ya $300 credit towards Polaris goods.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

you've only had the quad a month? go back to your dealer and request the peeling panels be replaced....no charge of course!

no peeling on my camo to date. very durable. love it.

-MT

Old 05-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for responding... There are two primary places this is happening. Under the seat where the seat rubs on the finish and the one place I am mostly concerned about it is on top of the gas tank (probably the size of a dime). I looked it over good and it doesn't look like I accidentaly hit it with something sharp to cause it. It just look's like it peeled off because it's not durable. I've only had it a month. I guess before the manf. warranty expires I will demand a new piece because down the road it could get worse. I just hope the other pieces hold up as I plan on keeping this quad for at least 10 years. Getting a 700 next time, give the ole lady the 500. Thanks for the response again. Take care. Chief

Trending Topics

Old 05-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

ChiefUlling
Did you buy an extended warranty for your machine? My dealer told me that if mine started to peel to take pics of it or bring up to them and they would take pics of it. They send the pics to Polaris as proof of the peeling and since the 04s bodies are different they will send you a new complete body kit. Mine is peeling just a little above the left fender. Not worried to much about it right now. It think I will take pics of it and ask for a new body around august. Put it on, sell it and buy the new 800 when it comes out in September. That's what my dealer told me I ought to do. He said I should have no problem selling a Mossy Oak camo atv + with a new body on it. Just my $.02.

good luck
dbass