Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Swing Arm Guard and speedo

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swing Arm Guard and speedo

I just got my Pure Polaris swingarm guard and whilst doing some pre-fitting with the spacers that come with it I saw that I'll lose about 2½" or so clearance in the rear...If I leave the spacers out I'm only losing maybe 1"

So my question is do I really need those spacers installed?

I don't see how it can cause any problems if I leave them out, just a little paranoid...

Anyone have any comments on a-arm guards?

I'm also about to get a trailtech speedo, any install tips for it?

Old 06-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

As long as your brake rotor, and chain/sprocket clear, you should be o.k. The Trail Tech gear is first rate.

Old 06-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Everything clears, so I hope they don't matter much....if anything goes wrong I'll be sure to let others know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rook while riding with brother in law and a friend of his that have KFX400 and LTZ400 i found something out. I was thinking of gettin a swingarm guard but not now. Where we were ridin last weekend was really rutted out well I am the same height as them with my smaller tires and all. Well they come factory with swingarm guards. Well I blazed threw the ruts cause just the brake rotor would drag threw it and I never got stuck where they were everytime. Something to think about.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I looked at them for a while trying to decide if they were worth the money and possible hassle but after getting installed I'm not too worried about getting hung up. And I feel a little better knowing that on the odd chance a rock isn't going to ****** my chain or brake disc.....I'll try to get some pics of what is looks like installed and shoot them over to ya.

Old 06-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Here are some pics of the Polaris swingarm guard Pics

The spacers were supposed to go between the guard and the bottom of the swingarm, on the eccentric bolts....I left them out due to losing even more clearance....

I went riding Friday and did get hung a couple of times and it was pretty clear where I was getting hung up-----the guard....it left impressions in the mud/dirt where it bottomed out. One of the places it was probably a good thing as I'm not real sure the brake rotor or the chain guard would have helped much. It didn't cause any problems, I was able to get out without any help (4wd in reverse is way cool!).

I could hear rocks pinging off the aluminum.....the only concern I really have now is a rock or something getting lodged between the guard and the chain/sprocket.

I guess it's always cheaper to be stuck than be broken! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Ha Ha Ha if you say so Rook[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]