Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

mickey dunlap/four stroke tech

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mickey dunlap/four stroke tech

anyone know when the mickey dunlap tech forum is opening here,it always says a few days
these are the kind of things i would like to ask there, i am hoping now to get the predator back on monday
i should have a small ride review monday night i hope, the main thing i am hoping for is some more bottom
end power it has plenty of power in the higher rpm's

Old 06-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

I will not be doing the tech page due to lack of responce. The real bad news is Wiseco change the casting on the last pistons I sent out and you have one of them and it needs to be sent back to me. I will pay you back for the shipping and turn it around the next day after it comes back.

Old 06-15-2003, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

oh man i hope you are kidding,i havent ridden for almost 2 months, well,good thing my dealer is retarded and hasnt worked on it yet,i'll have to call them monday i guess, mickey could you please just ship that other piston right away,i will ship this one back to you ,i have no reason to keep it or anything, i just really really want to get that thing going,

Old 06-15-2003, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

by the way,what is wrong with the piston?

Old 06-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

do you still have my address?or should i pm you? could you overnight it directly to my dealer if i pm you the address? that way i could actually maybe get it done tuesday afternoon and only lose a day or two, i need to get the stuff in quick,because my dealer doesnt exactly hurry anything,
i seriously need to learn to work on my own stuff

Old 06-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Mickey, thanks for calling me, i should be able to just take the piston to work and fix it there, i am a cnc operator/programmer so i should be able to get it done,

for anyone interested the piston just has a little extra length on the skirt, i need to take it off, Hey taking off a skirt sounds funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2003, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

just to update this saga, i told the dealer about it,then stopped in after work, he refused to cut the piston ,he wants me to get a new one, i went back to work with it,(hour drive almost),then used the machine shop we have to mill 8.250mm off the bottom of the skirt, just getting the tabs off mostly, i think i did a damn fine job if i am asking myself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] i went back to the dealer and dropped it off,i bet tommorrow they will say they wont install it, i think it is fine, if they wont i will have to find another shop i guess,but there isnt much around here,
maybe i should tell him its a new one, it looks like it came like that