Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ahhhhh Damn Grease Zert!!! (Predator)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhhhh Damn Grease Zert!!! (Predator)

The other night when I got home from work I decided to grease my Predator for our trip coming up on July 11th - 13th. I finished off the Left front and then on the right side the top rear A- arm zert pops right out like it was just set in the hole. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Grr

I'm betting they will say to just install a bigger zert. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Oh well at least I found it now instead of just before leaving. This was the first time greasing the Pred since it only has 6 hours on it, but still took a squeeze for each Zert. I have to look in the shop manual and find out what it says about the rear because i gave it three squirts and I still didn't feel the preasure behind the squezes telling me it was full. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I still love this machine even if all I can do is look at it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's kind of a spendy Garage decoration lately. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2003, 03:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The rear normally won't give you a resistance feeling. It'll just by-pass out the axle seals. You can easily take a Q-Tip and nab some of that excess lube off....otherwise it can collect dirt. Still wanting to install a couple of zerks on the swingarm pivots. Mine was off for it's second 25 hour lube....not to bad, but still kinda a pain. Firing up the machine easily makes up for the hassle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2003, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

I know how it feels. My banshee's fitting on the top A arm broke off too. It got stuck in the grease gun and i just pulled on it thinking it would slip off, but I yanked the freekin thing out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

But at least yamaha and polaris though enough to put fittings on in the first place. Though, amazingly, hondas (dont have many fittings in comparison) can go along time between greases.

Old 06-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't tug on it though, I just pivoted the end of the grease gun to the side to release the zert like I have done since I started working on cars as a kid. Grrrrrr!!! Dang Zert!!!

I put the zert back in the hole till I get the time to fix it. At least it will keep dirt out while it sits in the garage.