Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Does anyone own a TB 325?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2000, 01:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that everyone on this board has the "Big Kahuna" and nothing less the than the top of the line products. Does anyone own the smaller stuff?

If anyone has anything to say about the Trailboss 325 in any fashion, I would like to hear about it-good or bad. Specifically with regards to mods-tires, wheels, engine, carbs etc.

Just a thought

Old 05-12-2000, 02:10 AM
Trailblazer

yes i have one the fist mod i'd was to put 25" tires on it made a world of differance in all contions next i reclutch it again i very good improvement and i have a rear foxs shock just for the hell of it and i ride sleds and have the tools to rebuild fox shocks i have more mods planed

Old 05-12-2000, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

We just traded in our 00 Trail Boss 325 on a 425
expedition 4x4. We had it just a year, and it really was a great entry level bike. Especially for a four stroke, Automatic, the overall large size, excellent suspension, sporty yet functional
style. We wanted 4 wheel drive though. Where we ride in the mountains and washes of New Mexico is
2-wheel driveable-at least most of it, But the confidence and abilities of 4x4 are really great out there. That 425 Expedition cost $5500, and that really great 325 Trail Boss cost $3200. But we got $2700 in trade, so it seemed like a good move to do it now while we could still get the big trade-in. I give the Trail Boss 3.5 stars out of Five.....Silly Later Fourlix

Old 05-12-2000, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

bearfus
I agree that most of the post are about the bigger, faster machines, but remember that most post are from men, and as most men are, we like the biggest and fastest (and are not shy about sharing that). More to the point, I just bought a 2000 325 trail boss for my wife. She has been riding my 425 Magnum for 3 years and liked the automatic, but did not like the steering on the heavier machine. The 325 trail boss is a perfect machine for her. It steers fairly easily and has decent power. We have only had it for a month, so our riding experience on it has been limited. I probably will not modify the machine at all. My wife does not need any more power than the machine already has. As far as I'm concerned, this is a great machine for a beginner or anyone who is just doing some basic trail riding or light work. It would not be worth a darn for plowing snow or serious mudding though. Besides, for only $3,300, she will now leave my ATV alone.

Old 05-12-2000, 11:09 AM
Range Rover

My son has a 2000 trailboss. Its a nice machine for the money but not the most powerfull machine. Has a nice ride top speed is somewhere in the 40 mph range. Its light and has good suspension but lacks low end grunt. Its hard to keep the front end up when going over woops and big bumps. I changed the primary spring to a white spring which Rick Ritter suggested. It raised the engagement speed and gave it some low end grunt. My son is only 11 years old so not looking for a screamer. We did the Cochranton poker run and he did real well on it, had no problems in the deep mud. We have also done some tree dragging with it and as far as the utility part its not bad.It has no low range but for light work its not needed. Hope this helps you out.

Old 05-12-2000, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

Got one and dern proud of it! I'm 15, and after having the Magnum for about two months, the family decided we needed another quad. Naturally, we went with a Polaris, and this was the perfect choice. If you want speed, go with the Trail Blazer(hence the name...). But for trail riding, this thing is great. I ride HARD most of the time, and the Magnum was great for that. But with the lighter weight, I regularly get all 4 wheels off the ground on the trails with the Boss. I haven't gotten stuck yet. (Though my riding skills are excellent...JK!) I would recommend the bike in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a nice trail machine or light worker.

Old 05-12-2000, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

I just recently baught the 00 trail boss the low end power is a little on the soft side but i put itp wheels and 20 inch hole shots on the back and it lowerd its gear ratio, now low end power is useable. Im a parapelgic so the no shifting thing is great for me, and dont want something that will pull my arms off. Great for nice trail rides and checking out the dunes.

Old 05-15-2000, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 2000 Boss and like it alot I have just ordered a white primary spring and I would like to know where you got a rear fox shock for your Boss 660R I also plan to put the rcr stage 1 kit on it

Old 05-16-2000, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

TB 325 is pretty heavy for a 2x4, steering is easy, 23" back tires too small, it vibrates a lot,
good for hard pack riding, unable to go thru most muddy spots due to its weight and a ground clearance, not a good machine for any muddy trails. I would not recomend it to anyone, I had TB 250 before, much better machine, lighter, quicker,better mudder,but air cooled/easily overheated/ 2 stroke...?
Remedy for TB 325 , bigger rear tires for a mud riding. Or trading in for a 4x4 as someone suggested.
This is just my personnal experience with TB 325.

Joe
SP 500, TB 325/wife's/, I would've bought a Trail Blazer 250 for her, but she did not like it, it looks like an ugly spider, she said.

Old 05-16-2000, 10:39 AM
Range Rover

Colt77

I agree with you somewhat. The Trail Boss is a heavy ATV however, after a day at Deepwater Mo I would have to say that it is a great bike for the money. I ride a 2000 Trail Blazer and was riding with four other guys two of them were riding on Trail Boss’s and they went ever where I went. We rolled one of the Trail Boss’s at Deepwater and just kept going. If you have ever been to Deepwater Mo you know what type of riding it offers.

If you have never been there check out some of the pics and will add some more on Wednesday to show you the crash.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/snagitmud...l=fld4&.src=ph

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/snagitmud...l=fld5&.src=ph