Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HELLLP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default HELLLP!!!

I went riding this weekend and made alot of people dissapointed because they were getting beat by a Trailblazer. It climbed alot better then I ever thaught it would. BUT the problem I was having is that when I was at the bottom of a steep hill and hit the throttle all it would do is bogg and not even move. It would not even rev. If I got a 20ft running start it would kick in and climb its a$$ off. But from a dead start, NOTHING! What is the problem. Since I put on all the mods it has been fine tuning durring every ride but this one I cant figure out. Any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLLP!!!

Have you checked your float bowl level. Were you at an angle when you first started out? It may affect it. Just an idea.

Old 06-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default HELLLP!!!

I have allways had this bogg off the line that I just cant seem to figure out. It takes a good 3-4 seconds before it revs and then it takes off like a bat out of heII. But if I have a slight resistance or even a slight incline from a stand still it will bog and not even move no matter what I do. If If I get a rolling start or once it revs then it is fine. When I am on trails and moveing it pulls real hard throughout the whole range. The problem is at take off. I cant even race because people get a big lead by the time mine starts to rev. It is really starting to get to me.

Old 06-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELLLP!!!

Clutch or belt maybe?

Old 06-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default HELLLP!!!

Does your carb have an accelerator pump? My Harley has the old S&S Super B which doesn't have an accel. pump and it has crappy response off the line, just a thought. That is why I orderd a Super E[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELLLP!!!

Good idea BigBad, but accelerator pumps apply to 4 strokes only. (Polaris) 2 ideas, you may be too rich with (a) choke, (b) oil injection (if not removed) (c) secondary spring position. You are almost definately running too rich down low according to your description, I have ran into the same thing before and that was the fix. Actually my choke was out of adjustment. Also what holes are your springs in on the secondary??

Old 06-24-2003, 12:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default HELLLP!!!

Oh well, I tried[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-24-2003, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default HELLLP!!!

The secondary setting is set on 1-2 setting. I really like the way it shifts once it gets going. It pulls harder than ever. I dont know if it want to mess with the secondary again unless that is the problem. I also have been backing off on the main jet. I went from a 230 when it ran the worst to a 180. I am afraid of going smaller on the jet but might try it to see if the bog/lag clears up.

Old 06-24-2003, 08:01 AM
Range Rover
Default HELLLP!!!

2manytoys,

Thier is a couple of things adding up to this problem.

But first, a question. Is it the same when you first start up your machine?

Old 06-24-2003, 09:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELLLP!!!

I know where Elroy is going with this. 2many is running the roundslide 34mm off of a scrammy. I would bolt the original carb on it and see what happens. I believe if your problem goes away or is almost gone, then if you want to run the big carb you'll need a bigger pilot jet in it. Be careful about leaning down the main jet too much. Bubba