Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

something polaris needs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something polaris needs

I had a 2001 Polaris Magnum 325 4x4 that I had tons of fun on. Since my dad sold it in May, I stopped coming to the forums because I had no reason too. So recently my friend got a Honda CR125R dirtbike. (Brand New) So I've been going with him to this place where there is a jump or two for him to practice on. Well after about four times going there I see a couple of quads jumping, Yamaha Raptor and Yamaha Wolverine. Pretty funny when the Wolverine landed and the front drive shaft busted in to pieces. Anyways, next time I show up there's the Raptor there and something else. I saw it jumping. It was like a bird flying through the air. On it's second pass I noticed what it was, Polaris Predator. It was going twice as far as the Raptor (Not saying the Raptor can't go that far) but I started thinking, if Polaris is trying to key in on race market there missing something. Then I glanced at my friends CR125R and BINGO, dirtbikes. If Polaris is including features to make there quad the best (shocks, tires, etc..) then why not make a dirtbike that's excatly the same way. Top of the line so no one needs to modify. Because lets face the facts, the market for racing is dirtbikes. The poplicity that Polaris would get, would be huge. And if the dirtbike is as good as the Predator will always be, then why not hit the key market. I don't know about you guys but doesn't seem like Polaris should have targeted this area sooner? Lemme know what you guys think of this idea.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:49 PM

i think they should target that area too. but i was thinking lets hope they dont make fully automatic. lol

Old 07-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I think Polaris has the market they want.....snowmobiles and watercraft (being in MN)....ATV's are a great addition to their line......and there's also the Victory cruiser line....

Too many pokers in the fire and things can go backwards instead of forwards...

Old 07-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

that pretty cool ideas to think of....a polaris 2 stroke big bore dirt bike should sound interesting if the motor doesn't vibrate too bad that shake the earth of honda...lol....
i heards pretty much the predator is the overall best jumpers of the top performers sport quad....

Old 07-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

it's funny that you bring this subject up. I have heard "rumor" that there was a bike in the works a couple years back. Not sure where it is, or if they will release it. It could have turned out to be nothing more than an experiment to test the waters.

Old 07-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

I think Polaris has the market they want.....snowmobiles and watercraft (being in MN)....ATV's are a great addition to their line......and there's also the Victory cruiser line....
Polaris has made it very clear over the last couple years. They are an ATV company FIRST and a sled and watercraft company second. For those of us hooked on Polaris quads, I think they should just keep doin' what they're doin'

Old 07-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Honestly, I think the companies should start to focus much more emphasis on their quads as well as their bikes....ahem...Honda (cough), Yamaha (cough). Kawi is stepping in the GNCC circuit, and hopefully polairs will start something now with the preds out and about. But there are now so many quads that have the great potential for pro production classes that there should be more factory sponsorship and support. Let's try to get quad racing it's share of air time on ESPN2!!

Old 07-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Pudljumpr

Come on buddy....Yamaha YFZ450 (cough) ??? The Pro Production class will be a lot better now with the Yamaha in it, more then just a bunch of KawaSuzuCats! Too bad the Pred is too big (500cc) to be in it!

03 black and red Raptor
needing a pipe to whip em' big.
disarmed reverse limiter
PRM Desert Grab Bar

Old 07-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

I think they should focus on quad racing. Quads are only the best selling off road vehicles. Screw making a dirt bike, show some support in the racing!

Old 07-24-2003, 10:03 PM

yea i agree they should focus more on quad racing but they should atleast make a dirtbike and see how people like it and if its not big then stop makin it. but who knows if they did make it and a lot of people liked it they could become the best dirtbike manufacturers. hey you dont know till you try am i right??