Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

i got a question about my xplorer 400

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 02:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i got a question about my xplorer 400

hello, i got a 96 xplorer 400...just got back from chadwick, mo.(awesome place if you ever go check out all trails not just the green ones if it looks to hard then turn around cause some of the black should be called green in my point of view)...anyway i rolled it down the mountain and it was actually in pretty good shape to my surprise i mean it <u>rolled</u> anyway...ok so now it started right up when i took off back for camp too check out the damage done we stopped for a quick break and when i tried to start it up again it just clicked when i pushed the start button so i had to pullstart...anyway we got back to camp and i check out damage bent axle and rim and i believe its the starter thats clicking im not much of a mechanic so i was just gonna check on here if anyone knew what the problem was...if not its nobbe time anyway im gonna take all the plastic and body off of it tommarow so ill check in then.
thanx for any input!!

Old 08-08-2003, 03:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

did it click like a dead battery??? You may have lost some battery acid when it rolled. Just a thought.

Old 08-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Range Rover

ya i was gonna buy a new battery tommarow i think that might be problem cause it did click like that but if thats not it it must be the starter anyway i hope it works...(im really bummed bout the axle and rim thats gonna cost some) anyway thanx for your responses!!

Old 08-08-2003, 04:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You can re-fill the battery with new acid that you can buy or even with de-ionized water and hook a charger up to it. Also, check Ebay for rims and an axel. You might get lucky. Anyway, good luck. Just be thankful it was your machine that rolled down the mountain and not you!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2003, 04:19 AM
Range Rover

well...i did just so happen to get ran over...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] not fun experience cracked rib broken leg...so it wasnt all to bad thank god for them helmets mine cracked on a rock i hit on the way down i wish i could of just stepped off but there was no time to it went to fast....o well i dont know about ebay though im not very fond of there ways ill just stick with nobbe he does me up good...anyway thanx for your help...im gonna try to find some batery acid at a auto center or sumpin first if i cant find it ill just buy a battery its pretty old anyway but uhhh....its all apart now looks like a remote control car without the plastic on on lol
thanx for ure help!

Old 08-08-2003, 04:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Another prime example of why everybody should wear helments!!!!. Well, I hope you feel better. And you should be able to find that battery acid at any place that sells small batteries. I can get mine at Walmart or Meijers, and local "superstore" And its pretty cheap.

Old 08-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Also clean and tighten all connections on the battery, solenoid and starter.

Old 08-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Range Rover

well it wasnt the battery it was the solenoid so the rim turned out to be fine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but the axle is totalled so i took it in today it needed some stuff to be done to it there also gonna put a new pipe on there for me so with school starting so soon i thought i might just let the pro's take care of this one!!....thanx for your help again!....but i hope my example [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] helps some of you (in denial) people that dont believe in wearing a helmet.....i dont care what they block but i know i would be dead or seriously injured from that last accident...thats no good but im better now the rib hurts like hell but what can ya do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] thanx for all of your help again!