Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OPEN INVITATION!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2000, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the deal guys. I just read an unbeleivably stupid post in the Honda forum about how our rides are so unreliable.

So I am inviting anybody and everybody to come up to Quebec and have a shoot-out! All riders invited. Let's get this brand H vs. Brand P problem out of the way. A good week-end of ATV'ing and may the best quad win! Mud, rocks, etc... Maybe this will shut those Honda riders up once and for all.

The only bad thing they find to say against Polaris is reliability. Polaris is by far the fastest and strongest of all quads. Best ground clearance and turning radius. Switchable 4x4 2x4. Real 4x4! Best ride, most innovative models(copied by others for the last 4 years...)etc...

Can you all tell I am pi$$ed!!!!!!! The invitation is open to all!

Old 05-26-2000, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

id love to come up and ride, but its a little far for me. but im not bashing polaris i ride one. i know that all the people that bash polaris that u want to come up will "have other plans" when asked. they know that they will not win.

hey sledder hears your chance to redeam yourself, take him up on his offer. lol

Old 05-26-2000, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

We can all meet somewhere in between!

Old 05-26-2000, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think that Polaris is the best performing and probably the most fun to ride. I have to say that I think Strongest is an overstatement. More things break on Polaris quads than any other brand bar none. Never owned one, but I have been to a ton of dealers a ton of times just because I like to look at things and if there is one constant, it is that there are more used Polaris's, more polaris's with problems in their shops, and more bad talk by dealers about them. I really would like one still. I mean, I just don't think on average, they stand up to hard abuse as well as others. They seem fine if maintained though.

I talked with a guy at highlifter today, and mentioned the Big Dog Polaris 500. I said how awesome it looked and he said it was a piece. The took it out 6 times and it broke 5 of those times. I said something to the point of lift kits hurting the angle of cv joints, and said I had heard of a lot of Polaris breaking CV's on account of this. He seemed to be under the impression that this was not uncommon to Polaris's and said "we don't need to go there, they just don't stand up as well as some others" I got the impression that he wasn't in favor of Polaris as far a Strongest Quad goes. I still like them though, and I still say that they are the best performing quad.

Old 05-27-2000, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

I have a SP 500 ,I keep hearing you guys talking about how long the polaris will last If maintained .I keep my machine greased what other maintenance should I be doing.

Old 05-27-2000, 01:31 AM
Range Rover

Try not to ride it to much,that will help prolong it's life.

Old 05-27-2000, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

You don't have to worry bout sledder takin anybody up on a pull off cause he don't own a atv to show you he is lying don't you all think it is strange that he is suppose to own a griz and a Polaris but can't post a pic of them. I guess its better to have a quad to tear up then not have one at all...

Old 05-27-2000, 03:03 AM
Range Rover

Out of curiosity, how far are you from the Vermont border? What section of Quebec? I'll be just south of Quebec City on June 5th. Going up for a wild boar hunt. Then back to Montreal on the 7th for a Yankees/Expos game. I live 2 hrs from Montreal.

Old 05-27-2000, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer

So sledder I see your from MT I guess you must ride sheep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I dont think theres a atv on the market that will out last one of those

Old 05-27-2000, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Xplor if you are so bias to polaris why are you in the other forums? First of all Polaris is NOT the fastest or the strongest of all the quads made today. If anything they (Polaris) builds some of the most **** poor quads that I have ever seen. All I ever see in this forumn is complaints about Brakes, Belt problems, Tie rods, CV axel, so you tell me which brand has more problems. I don't see these kind of complaints constantly in the other forums. I am one of those loyal HONDA owner and I would gladly buy a Yamaha or Zuki over a d-m polaris any day. I would put my "old" 250R against anything polaris has got, and beat it hands down. Normally I don't come in here to bash other brands but when I read a post like yours I had to put in my 2 cents worth.

You say that all us other brand riders can bash polaris about is their relibilty? Well HELLO? Thats one of the most important things today in a quad. If a quad can't be reliable then (like polaris) who would want to buy a quad that has problems right out of the box.

You also claim that polaris has the fastest production quads? LOL. I am very loyal to Honda but I have to stick up for Yamaha on this one. Have you ever heard about this quad called a Banshee? Polaris being fast is an oxy moron.
Just some thoughts from a "stupid Honda owner"

Quick Reply: OPEN INVITATION!!!