Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

dirtwheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dirtwheels

Quadfather, you remind me of my other 400EX buddies, they still think its the best quad ever made and is still competitive. The fact is air cooled sohc dosent cut it anymore. As for the Z its ok but i personally dont like it, and i just wanna smash the YFZ 450 with a hammer, i dislike it that much. I still believe polaris makes better overall machines, the sportsmans werent quad of the year for so long without a reason.

Old 08-30-2003, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default dirtwheels

ppl they put mad mods into the Z so it acutally has competiton with the yfz and the pred. if the Z didnt have ne mods there wud be no competition.

Old 08-30-2003, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

Originally posted by: YamaWarrior03
ppl they put mad mods into the Z so it acutally has competiton with the yfz and the pred. if the Z didnt have ne mods there wud be no competition.
At least you know what your talking about! The Z aint all that great with or without mods[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2003, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

just wanna vent a little. i read these forum threads and reply quite a bit and every one is so worried about what mag. says this or my quad does this and this is so fast. who really gives a dam. while this forum is very helpful, like a mag. it is still a form of entertainment, a place where atv enthsiasts can get together and b.s. about what we enjoy doing. sure maybe i won't break any ground speed records with my z400 but i am pretty lucky to even have one, many people don't that would love to. when it all comes down to it as long as my z will rip through the woods and climb the hills i want to climb, i could care less what i can and can't beat in a straight line. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] besides, isn't most everything somewhat b.s. until you experience it for yourself. when the raptors first came out in late 2000 or whenever i had a warrior and the first one i got to see must have been ridden by a first timer, because i could have smoked this guy on an lt80, and i am not claiming to be a pro. there are quite a few variables involved in shootouts, just because a quad has potential that doesn't mean it will be lived up to.
later sparx

Old 08-31-2003, 01:57 AM
Range Rover
Default dirtwheels

i remember the shootout between 400ex, z400 and a cannibal. that was a serious joke, i burst out laughen at there ending in the store, quite the few stares my way.....said the cannondale was best in everything, but the less experienced riders put better race track times....and they put the z400 in first. christ funnay shiznit. the cannondale cleary had the best of every characteristic, except a few misc items, nothing really substantial. i never saw one cannondale ad in there mag, and they wouldnt give it the win, cus the other two competitors where the high priced ad companies, so they had to take the pole spot, so they made some lame excuse to knock the c'dale to the bottom. sometimes i dont even bother reading there comparisons, when they tested the pred, they had out of freaken ballpark specs of the pred....500lbs?!?!! that did it for me. i sometimes....sometimes read the readers posts there, the rare few comparisons, i hardly read the comparisons,....only look at the nice action shots they do.,...that in my mind is the only thing thats worth a penny in the rag...i used to suscribe to them,...but once they started this biased crap, i just said..."f' em"cancelled my subscription...

Old 08-31-2003, 04:55 AM
zoo
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

I read DW. Have for years, but I don't put much stock into what they say when it comes to comparisons and shootouts, because like everyone else they (mag staff) have there favorites, and will be a bit bias. How else could you explain the fact that they compared the Raptor and DS (both modified) in a sand shootout and said that most riders prefered the Raptor over the DS, but then in one of the last lines in the article they go on to say that the Raptor had about $2,800 more dollars in upgrades. Geez, I couldn't understand why riders would like that one better..

Old 09-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

Originally posted by: BoonDockBasher
Quadfather, you remind me of my other 400EX buddies, they still think its the best quad ever made and is still competitive. The fact is air cooled sohc dosent cut it anymore. As for the Z its ok but i personally dont like it, and i just wanna smash the YFZ 450 with a hammer, i dislike it that much. I still believe polaris makes better overall machines, the sportsmans werent quad of the year for so long without a reason.

I never said the 400EX is, or will be the best quad ever made. I was just trying to point out that it was a pretty good attempt at putting out a very good overall quad for what was available at the time.

How many hours seat time do you have on the new Yammy to come to the conclusion that it is only worthy of being beaten by a hammer?

Old 09-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

these are some of the dumbest comments ive ever seen. of course this is coming from the mechancs dream (aka polaris) forum. uh duh they knew it was manual retard. 500 pounds was a misprint missfit. and where does it say in atv action about bashing? i must be blind,but i thought it beaty the crummy predator in the shootout. duh the predator got beat in the sand. it weighs 65 pounds more. plus the yfz was opened up too and prolly responds better to a pipe then a predator,so the horse power numbers were closer

Old 09-07-2003, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

also the predator and z ARE NOTTTT race quads,so stop trying to compare them

Old 09-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Range Rover
Default dirtwheels

People need to learn the difference between They're and their.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
http://www.m-w.com/
Use it people.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: dirtwheels