Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Water/Dust/Mud=Hot Engine Lights On

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2000, 05:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in SC high 90's ..fan runs but never hd a heating problem.

Old 06-02-2000, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Jaimie, When your wife goes with you on the scrambler, take her on my type of terrain. I would expect the scrambler to do well on those type of logging roads; but not as good in those jaimie holes.

I will try to remember everything I should do on my atv. Lets see, 1. sylocone spray. 2. 1-valve and plastic hose from the radiator cap. 3. 2 foot chain in front of the winch cable. 4. K&N air filter. 5. Magnet on oil filter. I cannot do everything right away since my atv is 150 miles away. I hope to pick it up on saturday if those turkeys have my progressive lift springs on and the backup fan fixed. I will take it out my self then and try it out. There is a certain power line
up north of cloquet that I want to check out. A logging road goes to it and I want to drive it both ways and see what type of terrain is there. There might be a trout stream that crosses it. Might bring a fishing pole with me. I saw it grouse hunting 2 years ago on foot when i did not have an atv.

Sorry your atv's are not clean yet. That stuff is all dry now and will be tougher to get all that mud and grass off. I needed to get mine clean right away because I did not want to bring it to the shop all filthy. They might not have wanted to work on it. I will continue to find more places to
atv in my area. I love to explore. My favorite trail is the one I have not been on yet! rangerchet

Old 06-02-2000, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

On a motorcycle ride to the "Victory" plant in Spirit Lake, Iowa on 5/31/00. Lee(Odin) had the opportunity to talk first hand with two Polaris representatives who were looking for feedback on Polaris products from the Polaris Pro Field Testers.

Lee brought up the overheating problems of the liquid cooled quads over the Memorial Day Weekend in Hurley and they said that they were aware of it already and were working on the solution prior to 5/26/00.

Two things were mentioned. The 2001 models have an all new redesigned aluminum radior. Secondly Polaris did receive a number of defective temperature sensing units (radiator thermostats) from their outside vendor. The defective thermostats made it through the production phase and are currently on some quads out in the field. (If your fan never comes on this could be the reason why.)

Polaris has begun to barcode each part from each lot number of similar parts to the vehicle serial numbers so that this will not happen in the future.

So it is very encouraging to hear that "North Star" is on top of this one.

Old 06-03-2000, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider

Oh those scramblers can go through the Crap you just need to know how to ride em stay on the gas and keep you momentum up and get wet real wet. For a ladie she can out do lots of guys on a quad ask jeff He knows .

Old 06-03-2000, 07:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

It is common if you install a key chain of some type on your Polaris key, that as you are turning the bars, it will snag the gas cap and turn off the ignition. Often it will turn it only a little bit so that the engine still runs, but the cooling fan will not turn on.
Remember, only the key in the ignition.

Old 06-03-2000, 07:41 AM
Range Rover

H O N D A

Old 06-03-2000, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you so much Beast450 for your post.

Do you not have a life?

Is your CB broken?

Why do you feel the need to constantly cruise the Polaris threads to insert your childish blather about Honda?

One of the purposes of these threads is to discuss (intelligently) products, improvements and experiences.

There has been so much bashing out here lately that it is obvious some people are not telling the truth about their quads anymore. Whether they are Polaris or Honda. I've seen it. We've all seen it.

Everytime someone mentions a fact, both factions jump in with both feet. The defenders get defensive and the opposition starts jabbing and the thread goes right down to a value of -0-.

Please post your agitation somewhere else.

Old 06-04-2000, 07:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Dear Beast,
As you ride your H O N D A, paid for with EI cheques, contributed by Alberta WORKERS,fed with Irving gas, you really should get a life as stated by Odin.

Old 06-05-2000, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

I hope I will be able to buy a new re-designed radiator for my xpedition some day. I do not feel comfortable with mine. I have 5.5 gallons of oil in my xpedition, plus the liquid cooled engine and yet the fan runs allllllllllllot! Seems odd to me?? I hope someone will post when they hear that better radiators are on the market... rangerchet

ps to Jamie, I will have to send you an e-mail too with more info. Just wanted to say here, that I scouted a new atv area near home. About a 2o minute drive. This area has lots of potential as I
saw about 7 or 8 Jamie holes. One for sure, I want to bring you too. A swamp on both sides of an old logging road. About 40 yards and looks deep towards the middle. Some one through about 4 or 5 logs across in one spot but it looks deep. I was alone so I did not try it. I found several other large patches of deep mud. "BLACK QUICK SAND", I.E. Jaimie holes. A logging road branches into 3 logging roads with a power line cris crossing about 4 different places. Lots of mud on each. Also small logging roads off the main 3, loaded with mud. The only main road I did not check to the end is the one I mentioned above that has about a 40 yard swamp to get through. When you plan to come up again. Let me know and I will take
you there....This place has more mud then where we
were memorial weekend. rangerchet

Old 06-05-2000, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

rangerchet i like your definition of a big hole as a "jamie Hole"
to everyone eles a jamie hole is a swamp or muddy pit that has very sticky mud. it also has no bottom, 99% of all ATV's get stuck in a jamie hole. even hummmers have to be pulled out of a jamie hole. if u want to see pics of jamie trying to get stuck go to lucrh77's web site.