Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Starting Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Dealership

I live in Charleston, WV and have been considering attempting to start a polaris dealership in this area. I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas about startup information for a business like this. I was also wondering if anyone had suggetions about the market or insight. I currently have an appointment with the suzuki dealer in the state to get ideas about the business who we have know for a long time. This is also the location very close to the hatfield mccoy trails for the state of WV. I have a great network of people that ride what I am looking for is general information about startup cost and what it would take to get a dealership up and running correctly.

Respectfully:

ATV Enthusiast

PS: Market research studies have shown that a Polaris dealer is the most needed in the area.

Old 10-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

Good luck man, hope you can get it up and running. Some things, Polaris has proven to sale everywhere! Polaris is not my number one choice for an ATV but if I was to go into the ATV sales industry (When I get older of course) it would be without a doubt Polaris. It could be different up there but here in Arkansas Polaris' are everywhere you look. I've read a lot about the Hatfield McCoy trail and you couldn't be in a better location for ATV sales as it sounds. Yes, you could say i'm just a kid and have no idea of how the world of business operates, but i'm sure nobody here will disagree with what I have said. When getting started with all the expences at first you might not even break even as far as money goes, but after a few months your publicity will build up. Just try and keep the customers happy, and a good reputation, then it will all go from there. Good Luck!

Old 10-04-2003, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck to you. That would be a dream for me to have my own dealership. However, there are so many where I live I could never compete. If the market will suport I say get it goin and live the dream.

Old 10-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

There is a polaris dealer in Charleston or there used or there used to be one there in Dunbar.. They sold gravely tractors as well down on 10th street I think. If you did get a franchise from Polaris and I wish you luck it would have to be in an area not competitive to what Polaris sees as their other dealers in the area. You have several in a 50 mile radius of Charleston. Believe it or not there is not one in Huntington and right in the middle of the trail system you have M&J Sales in Chapmanville.
Good luck on your endeavor and btw Suzuki is the same way if there is one on the Corridor they may not let you compete in the area with him.