Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris high performance quad???

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris high performance quad???

I think polaris shouldn't be making sports ATVs. My father has an explorer400 and this piece of crap is the worst quad ive ever seen in my life!
Every single part has broken. The 1st day we had it, it broke.
What are they gonna do with high performance quad? They cant even make utility sport.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

At least the American quads use nuts and bolts instead of cheap plastic crap clips like the jap bikes. I know a cuplse of people with hondas. Don't start for crap in the cold and I've never seem metal bend and frames crack so easy. Besides a Predator 500 will rip you!! I dont know how the hell you can call a utility a performance bike, thats why they call it a utility.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

first of all, i didnt say utility quads are performance quads. I said they cant build utility quads, y would they try with performances.
Lets try that predator in a track, good luck.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck with your 400ex, Honda dropped the price because even they know it sucks now, thats why the 450r is gonna rip it and so will the predator. THe z400 rips the 400 ex so good luck. As far as utility I owned a sportsman 500 and it was awesome. I say a Sportsman 500 pull a Honda and a Susuki Utilitys out of a lake they were stuck in, it was like they were toys. So don't talk to me about performance of Polaris. WHat broke on your utility, let me guess you bought a utility to ride like a sport and it had problems, well obviously it will. My friends Recon is in the shop for engine problems and his Eiger is like driving a goped

Old 10-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

yoshimuraRS3, I would accept your offer anyday. A 400ex isn't even close to touching a predator. If you want a good match up I'd say maybe compare your 400ex to a Z400 maybe. I know of a track that has a triple that we can easily make on our predators that a 400ex shouldnt even consider trying. By the way the Polaris utility quads are far more advanced then any Honda. Honda still use DRUM BRAKES...what are they thinking, that atleast 20 years old. I really can't believe you know what you are talking about when you compare a 400ex to a predator 500. You want to compare something to a predator I'd say maybe a $20,000 250r Honda. Then you got some competition.

Old 10-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yoshi, you are full of crap. EVERY part has broken? Get a life!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Polaris sells more utility ATV's then Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Bombardier. They are just behind Hondu, due to the Hondu loyalist like you that still prefer their air cooled stumps on wheels. They must say something about Polaris. Selling the second most ATV's. If you look at the innovations that Polaris has made, it is obvious that they know what the consumers want and every other company is trying to copy Polaris. There is a reason why the US Military choses Polaris for their ATV's, not Hondu. So get a life and take you b!tchin somewhere else.

Old 10-17-2003, 02:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yoshi Goshi down the drink !!!!!!!! I have an Xplorer 400 and all the boys I ride with let me go first when it comes to the big guck and goo, only because I'm the only one that can make it through so I can pull there pile of muckbuttons through !!!! I also work this bike almost daily pulling logs from the bush/swamp,pulling stumps and I have also made a sod cutter that it pulls. So I can only say that your father got a lemon ! SORRY BOUT YOUR LUCK !!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2003, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

Before my Polaris, I was a Honda guy. They both break down the same. The differance that I saw was when I had to fix them. Working on the Polaris has been easier than the Honda's. Their designs are well thought out. I believe you when you say that your Dad's quad has stuff broken all over it. If I didn't fix my quad's but kept ridin' them until they wouldn't move, it would be a sorry sight. The price we pay for ANY ATV per mile and compair that to a car; we could all be driving Lambo's. It is amazing to me how much people argue over who's quad is the best. The engineers of all motored vehicles have presure for profit. If a part breaks, it was probably designed to do so. All manufactures make huge profits on parts. If they made a machine that wouldn't ever break, it would harm their profits. Like it or not....its true. I have a few old college budies that are engineers at Honda in Ohio and in Georgia. They tell me all about it-if you play, you pay...

Old 10-17-2003, 11:32 AM
NYC
Pro Rider

Yoshi GET A LIFE!!

Damn Todler

Old 10-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

cauze you can't take care of a quad anyway,you're just lucky
to have an honda cauze they only need maintenances once a while when the dirt and dust are eating them...

Quick Reply: Polaris high performance quad???