Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer VS Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2000, 10:47 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which one do you guys think is the all around better machine?

Old 06-14-2000, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

Having owned a Trailblazer and now having a blaster.

It's a really tough call as to which i like better.

The blaster is just more fun to ride. Lighter, i flipped it over and all i had to do was barely give it a shove.

The Trailblazer, was too heavy. For a 250 weighing over 400 that's just way too much.

For Trails the Trailblazer is better, more ground clearance, the auto is just great for it. Plus you never seemed to run out of power for hill climbs.

Blaster on trails is fun, but a lot more work shifting. And less ground clearance. Trees and rocks i used to get over i find myself getting hung up on. Power is really good, Hill climbs are more fun because in most cases where the trailblazer glued to the ground the blaster flys over the top. I do wish it had a longer swingarm to make it more stable, a wheelie in the middle of a hill is no fun!

For Jumping, Tracks, and just playing around, the blaster is great! Wheelies are simple and easy to ride out. Even possible in second gear from a dead stop. The blaster would be even better with a longer axle!

The Trailblazer on a track, feels heavy, hard to manuever, and in jumps it feels really really heavy. The front struts are useless in whoops and jumps, they almost always bottom out. I have been noticing an increase in new shocks for the polaris line. Wheelies are impossible stock, unless you stand on the grab bar, and who wants to do that? With the RCR kit, they are still not really possible with out the holding the brake, and they are hard to ride out, at least for me.

For top speed, my trailblazer beat a few blasters, with the RCR kit. Stock for stock i'm going to say the blaster would win.

If all you did to the blaster was a pipe, rejet the carb, new reeds, and a reed spacer, you'd be all over the trailblazer. And maybe a 14 tooth up front.

If i had to do it again, like i said earlier it's a tough call for me. Both quads do need some improvement, Trailblazer need to lose weight, needs REEDS!, and better shocks(mainly double A-ARMS). The blaster: longer swing arm and longer axle in back.

Maybe i would just say bye bye to low budget sport quads and get the new cannondale, or a Raptor. Like that's going to happen!

Old 06-14-2000, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

Some of the thing I have found

Blaster
Kick-start
Mag needle for headlight
No rev
Small Frame (ok if you are 5 ft or less)

Trail Blazer
Electric start
Battery (head light comes on with out the bike running)
Reverse
Larger Frame

Although it is true, that riding a wheelie on a stock Trail Blazer is all most impossible but has been done and the Trail Blazer is heavy. When my friend and I ride, steep hills are a concern for him on his Blaster and not so much for me. When he gets water in his bike kicking it gets old fast and rev would be great when it is needed. Don’t take me wrong I like both bikes. I think for the money the Trail Blazer is more bike.

Old 06-14-2000, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I'm 6' and have no problems with my blaster. And i'm sure a lot of people will agree with me. I don't know if this guy post here or not, his name is like hittin hard, he is at least 6'2 and doesn't have any trouble either.

I used to think they were too small but now i don't.

The Trailblazer? 440lbs? Wait till that thing lands on your chest. And you can't move it at all. That's all i have to say about it being big.

I forgot the Reverse part. I miss reverse all the time. Every time i go riding actually. Oh well at least i get the exercise of picking up my front end and turning it around.

Wait till your $300 starter and bendix burns up!

And i know i often just turn my headlight on to watch it burn. It's so purty!...i'm just playing with you!

Steep hills a concern? I really need to get some picks of my main hill climbs. Most of them are pretty much straight up and down. Both quads took them with the same ease though. The blasters front does want to come up, that's where a 2" longer swing arm comes in!

Old 06-14-2000, 02:02 PM
Range Rover

Well Trailblazer00 sounds like 94dgblaster has been there and done that a little more than me…I’m just playing with you 94dgblaster! I would just ride both bikes a then decide.

See some pictures of the Trailblazer I do own.

Old 06-15-2000, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

I will add my point to this one. The size of the Blaster is small. Of course, I am 6'6". When I was in the market for a budget quad, I went to test ride the Blaster. I sat on it, and decided not to even take it for a spin. It was just to small for me.

But on the other hand, the Blazer is more or less a full size machine, and its weight proves that. It might be a bit much for some smaller riders.

Old 06-15-2000, 12:31 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

No comparison. The Trail Blazer is alot more Macine for the $$$$. The bike is alot bigger and more comfortable.

Old 06-15-2000, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Have to agree the Blazer is more Bang for the buck, if an all around quad is what someone is seeking. Were as the Blaster is way leaning towards the sport only category, the Blazer mixes both. It totally depends on the riders style of riding. To me they really are not the same quad and it is hard to compare them. I think they are marketed towards two different types of rider.