Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got busted riding my quad!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 01:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got busted riding my quad!!

A few weeks ago I got pulled over while riding my banshee over to my friend’s house 2 blocks away... The cop gave me the usual bu!! Crap and gave me a ticket also... I can’t just pay it I have to go to court tomorrow... I will let you guys know what happens....

Old 11-18-2003, 01:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

That sucks!. Hope they dont impound the quad. I got a ticket a few months back from the DNR for "riding on an undesignated trail" What a buncha crap.

Old 11-18-2003, 01:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The cop wanted to impound it but he was so lazy he did not even get out of the car to check the vin... But he was like ill give you a ticket i was like what ever a$$ hole... How much did you have to pay for your ticket?

Old 11-18-2003, 02:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

It was $75. The DNR punk gave us a ticket as a group, and since I was the only 1 with my licsense handy, I took the ticket. We slpit it 4 ways though. He gave us the whole "well we can impound these blah blah" We told him we were from out of town and didn't know that we couldn't be on that "road" (The road is a 1 lane trail through the woods that is so rutted, sandy, and muddy that you have to have a good 4x4 or quad to make it down the road). He fished us the line the he rides too and that he HAS TO give us a ticket, but wants us to come back!!! IDIOT!!! Then his perverted little buddy starts asking us how the strip clubs near us are. He tells us that he goes up to canada for the strip clubs!!! WTF!!!! He didn't HAVE TO give us the ticket, he could have just gave us a warning. Oh well though. At least he didn't check for a spark arrestor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Oh also, they were riding around in a USFS truck with no flasher lights and a faded out USFS emblem on it. A-holes!!

Old 11-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Pro Rider

Well I'm glad you got a ticket & I'm sorry you don't get one every time you act like a idiot.
Now stop your crying & go and ask your mother for a tissue.

Geoff.

Old 11-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Range Rover

Hey mate!! who pissed in your vegimite Sandwich?

Old 11-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

COps suck. I got three things to say about dealing with the cops Ruuun , ruun , Run, And don't look back !
Here in New Jersey we have to worry about the cops everywhere we go> THey are a big pain in the ***.
At least you guys don't have $1000.00 fines like they got here that is why we run> it is retarted All we are tring to do is enjoy the forest. ( it would be ok to walk around the forest with a gun and shoot little animals,but, if you have a ATV your a criminal)
YOU HAVE IT BAD BUT AT LEAST YOUR NOT IN NEW JERSEY>
THE COPS HERE CAN EAT MY ROOST!!!!!!!!!!!
Also here in N.J. They are not By law aloud to chase us but, they do!!!
They have backed off alittle here although because , about a 3 weeks ago a 15 year old kid got hit buy a car and killed running across the parkway (freeway). The kid lived on the other side of the parkway and crossed that road many times.
I feel that he was being chased when he was hit.after he got hit it has seemed that the cops are going in our favor
and laying off and talking about giving us places to ride.
They would only Do that if they had something to hide!!!!!

Old 11-18-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I live in wall NJ and my son has been lucky so far, he has riden in several surrounding towns and hasn't seen a cop yet, except near the gravel pit by wall speedway, their on quads now chasing people. Chatsworth is just way too expensive at 300.00 per person, in tower city it's 275.00 for the whole family.
Jersey certainly SUCKS! Don't get me started!!!

Modded scrambler 500
Modded warrior 350
stock 250ex

Old 11-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geoff, just out of curiosity, how open are your riding areas? Can you go anywhere other than private land?

Old 11-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

you shouldnt have stopped, jk!

--------------------
2003 z400

Quick Reply: Got busted riding my quad!!