Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got busted riding my quad!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got busted riding my quad!!

yeah cops are s i live outside of montrose about 1000 people there and there are several small areas around me like brackney little ghettos and other redneck places and everybody has a quad and the cops are total asses thell pull everyone over regardless of where you are and what gets me is that i could go and drive around for about 20min and point at 10 places where theres some burnout growing pot and even the schools are full of it and the cops just turn the other cheek at it there complete asholes!

Old 11-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my line of work, parmedic, I've gotten to know a lot of cops. There are definately some bad cops that use thier badge to get even with the world, and quite a few think everyone is guilty until proven innocent. The other side is you tend to get what you dish out. If someone runs from a cop on an atv, the one he catches next time will probably pay the price. I've had a lot of tickets when I was young and wild but never had a cop be an a$$hole because it was yes sir/ no sir. The easiest way to get a ticket instead of a warning is to be a jerk.

I don't know what type of road you were on but in most places it is illegal to opperate a motor vehicle that is not tagged and insured on a public highway. You may have also found that in court "ignorance of the law is no excuse."

Don't like to sound like I'm making excuses for a bad cop, but I know Cussing them, badmouthing them and definately running from them will not make the situation better.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was on a side road "not alot of traffic" The thing that makes me mad is he was really pissed i dont know why i pulled over right away and when he seen me i was not going very fast at all and following all the rules of the road and when i talked to him i was really nice hoping i would get by with a warning, he wanted to impound it but he said that was to much work and he also said i should check the vin but thats to much work too. He said ok i will give you a ticket and when he found out i was 18 he really got mad and started saying you should know better... But i know i was in the wrong but come on i have never been in trouble with cops ever in my life and i should have got a warning.... And just a few days ago there was more quads out near my house a cop seen them and just went on like he never seen a thing... I think i just got an a$$ hole cop!!

Old 11-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

i feel you on that . aint it crazy that a crotch rocket with 2 wheels and does a 150 to 200 miles per hour is alowed on the streets but a quad with 4 tires aint alowed hmmmmmmm aint that crazy when you are going 65 on a motercycle and you blow a front tire the ods are high that you will be seriosly hurt but i have blown the front tire on my quad 3 times and well 2 were of road on a bumpy *** trail and the other was on the pavment at wide open throtle and the only thing that happend was i had to get new tires no wipe out and no prob it is all politics and bullsh$t. think of the posibilities if you could ride your quad on the streets cheaper gas milage no prob in the snow and easier to find a parking spot less wear and tear on the roads couse the quad dont weigh thouzands of pounds but it is the whin asses in washington who control our lives and transportation.i live in michigan and have been the the D.M.V and asked about making a handbuilt auto and they said no prob build it get it inspected and they will issue a tilte for the viehcle well i am currently tweaking my 87 lt250r to be street leagal i have done alot to it and i will be done in the next few months so i hope it works out .

Old 11-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

i never got busted.......................

yet...................

Old 11-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Badasss250,
That street legal shee in your photo page is wild!
Do you know what all the owner did to customize it?

Old 11-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Trailblazer

I know a good place in S.Jersey that has few if any police and great riding. Actually there are two.Should be about an hour south of you N.Jersey people. And as for that Austrailian putz, It's amazing that someone from Britain's continental prison has the testicular fortitude to say what you said.

Old 11-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

when it snows here it really snoew and im glad i have 4x4 because we either take our sleds or atvs right down main street and the cops can only watch as we drive by. they cant go over 30 in 1.5 feet of snow and i think its fun whipping by them.

Old 11-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know what he did to it but u kan check out the website...........

http://www.marissa.org/street_banshee/

u will see the r1 banshee on the website to

in red it should say (Pics of the Banshee with the stock motor in its 3 wheel configuration)

it is pretty nice

Old 11-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

That is sweeet!