Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Broken Tranny!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2000, 09:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the feeling my tranny just cracked last week. It is covered under warranty. Polaris just wanted to make sure I didn't slam a rock or something. It's good to know that they warranty there quads but who the hell wants them if they're that unreliable.

Old 06-24-2000, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On 4-25-2000 I purchased a Quad Master from Las Cruces Motor Sports in Las Cruces, New Mexico. I called them and they told me they had only one in stock and it was still in the crate. I ask them how long it would take them to get it ready to go and was told 4 hours. I went to the bank and got a cashiers check and drove over 100 miles to the dealer. I paid them and did all the paper work and went to the service department to see the new Quad, what a disappointment! The ""new in the box" Quad had scratches on every plastic part on the four wheeler. And the front luggage rack was also scratched. The front bumper has paint missing where the tape was pulled off. That didn't leave much that wasn't damaged. I think it had been in the showroom, Where people sit on and scratch it up. The dealer told me they would replace every piece of plastic on the Quad. Yesterday the dealer called me for about the 3th time about the parts being there and that if I didn't come to the dealership by this Saturday 6-24-2000 they would ship them back to the warehouse and I would be out of luck. The drive to the dealer is over 100 miles one way, and they want me to leave the Quad and come back, thats well over 400 miles total. What did I do wrong here? Why should I drive 400 miles to get what I paid for in the first place? I called Suzuki customer service @714-996-7040 and was told that they would do what they could to get the dealer to handle this matter in a professional manner. Do I think I see a Honda in my future? YEP I do or better yet a Polaris SP500