Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Marienville,PA

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2000, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went riding at the Marieville/Timberline trails this past saturday and could not believe the number of "quad cops" there. This was the fourth time I've been there and I didn't see that many the first three times combined. I also found out that Honda Odyessy's are not allowed to run the trails. I was informed that they were neither a class 1 or a class 2 ATV. So,I wonder if I write the state for a refund of it's registration if I would get it back. I guess it must be safer for my son to ride double with me than for him to ride a ATV that has a roll cage and safty harness. Go figure.

Old 06-26-2000, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer

Marienville is where i bought my atv! at marienville power sports, good store. But the trails there are nice, I was down there on Saturday.

2000 Trailblazer
HPD Pipe, HPD clutch kit

Old 06-26-2000, 01:04 PM
jim
Pro Rider

I was there the weekend before & there was a warden there also. I guess some locals vandalize the Timberline trail head wooden structure. If you notice the big plexiglass map is gone. They kept ramming it w/ their 4x4 trucks until it fell. There are also allot of locals, not buying registration & cutting their own trails to intersect the official trail system so I think they are trying to clean this up. There was a group of 6 quads & one 1 sticker among the bunch & the underaged kids on quads & no saftery course either. They were lucky since they just missed the warden.
Jim

Old 06-26-2000, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Rammer,

I went riding Sunday at Marienville & Timberline with Celeste and a friend. No quad cops to be seen. Just about any time during the week days you can ride without being hasseled.

About the Oddessy, I'd tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine! IT IS A LEGALLY LICENCED ATV AS FAR AS THE DCNR IS CONCERNED! The DCNR is where they get their money for trail maintaince from. If anything SHOULDN'T be allowed it is the bikes. Frankly, they pay NO money for the up-keep of the trails. They are not licenced, or registered. Why shouldn't they pay their own way?

Old 06-26-2000, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Mike, I totally agree,but he had the gun and badge. He was questioning the specs for the class 1 as having to straddle the seat and the class 2 for a bench seat. It also states for the class 1 that the machine must weigh under 600 lbs. So technically, my Sportsman does not fall under class 1 or 2 either. I wasn't about to point that out to him either. They opened up the timberline trails for the class 2 machines for the first time this year and the marienville trail is class 1 only.

Old 06-26-2000, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

The National Forest system has a rule that a machine must be less than fifty inches (50") wide to access the trails. It's posted all over the trails in Ohio. I haven't been to Marienville yet, unfortunately.

Old 06-26-2000, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

Mike,

My dad and I went up last weekend and I had to wait at pigs ear util dad went down to get the van because I shattered a clutch button or something. It sucked I had to run most of Marienville only going about 10 mph. I dont think I seen ya. later

Old 06-26-2000, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Trailblazer, we parked at pigs ear up the road a tad from the main parking area. Across the road from us there was a chevy pickup with a large aluminum deck on top of his bed that could haul two quads side by side,loaded from the rear. It said "Upper Deck" on it. The loading ramps were two piece aluminum about 14' long. It was pretty neat.

Quadfather, class 1 50" and under and class 2 58" and under. The oddy is 48" wide

Old 06-26-2000, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer

When we were out there the other day, we stopped at Buehlers Corners, we wondered what happened to the nice map of Timberline trails that used to be there. Was this vandalized also?
We also saw a LARGE amount of fresh blood on the ground, we saw no one, so hopefully that person got some help...

Old 06-27-2000, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

Believe it or not, some of the signs are being vandalized by PORCUPINES! If you've ever noticed some chewing on the wood and even on the aluminum signs themselves, that is our old quilled friend. There isn't much you can do about the porcupines, but people who vandalize the trail should be (IMHO) drawn and quartered.

Quick Reply: Marienville,PA