Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman - winch promotional offer

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman - winch promotional offer

I was looking on the Polaris website and they have a promotional offer that says either the 4.9% financing or a Warn winch. I won't be financing, so was interested in the winch. The dealer said the winch is not part of the deal - you get the winch for the price of financing. It comes out to $300 for the 2500 Warn winch, which is still a good deal. Just wondering if anyone else has purchased recently or knows more about this promotion. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

The dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you. The offer from Polaris is 4.9% financing or a FREE winch. Tell him to look at Polaris's web site.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

Agreed, they are trying to screw you. I'm in the process of buying a Sportsman and will be going with the fixed 6.9 financing they are offering (for life of loan). If I didnt choose this or the other financing offers, I'd get a free Warn Winch. Friggin jack off dealers trying to stick it to you.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Isn't the winch $49.00? Usually they will also charge for installation on top of that too. Make sure they don't charge much more than an hour of time. I went to one dealer and he was going to charge for 4 hours worth of labor to install the winch.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer

The Warn 2500lb Winch that is considered the "standard" winch for Polaris is $449. The promotional offer right now is for 4.9% APR with $49 a month payments (for 2 years, then around 17.9% APR) or a FREE Warn Winch.

Here's the fine print off Polarisindustries.com
"Offer valid 1/5/04-4/30/04 at participating Polaris dealers and subject to product availability. Finance offer valid subject to credit approval on the Polaris StarCard credit card on qualified consumer purchases financed during the promotion period. Maximum finance amount $10,000.The Reduced Rate 4.9% APR and reduced minimum monthly payment of $49 of the purchase amount are effective from the date of purchase and continuing for a period of 24 months if your Account is kept current. Thereafter, the APR and minimum monthly payment applicable to this purchase will increase to the minimum monthly payment specified in the Cardholder Agreement and the Standard APR of 17.9%. For Accounts not kept current, the Default APR of 21.9% will be applied to all balances. Minimum Finance Charge $1.00. Certain rules apply to the allocation of payments and Finance Charges on your promotional purchase if you make more than one purchase on your Polaris StarCard. Call 1-888-367-4310 or review your cardholder agreement for information. This promotion is available only at participating dealers. Ad featured model: 2004 Sportsman 700 Twin, MSRP $7,599 plus $160 freight charge. Winch offer on select models and does not include dealer installation and freight charges; see dealer for details. "

Lastly, my dealer typically charges $100 flat for Winch installation or free when you purchase your ATV and Winch at same time.

Old 01-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I called a few dealers to see if they would honor the promotion - in this area it says on the Polaris website you can choose the financing or FREE winch. Other dealers would honor it when I called around, but their out-the-door prices were higher. I called this dealer back and asked him what the deal was. It sounds just like a numbers game - he gave me a very low price on the ATV and I'm sure they planned on cashing in on the Warn winch from Polaris on the deal (had I not wanted it). That is the impression I got anyway. He would sell me the ATV alone for $4799 + tax & license without the winch.

His prices are still good though from what I can tell even though I have to pay $300 for the winch. $130 to install the winch. $5650 out-the-door for a Sportsman 400 with the 2500 winch. Does that sound like a good price? The best price outside of this one I have is $6000 out-the-door.

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah it sounds like a good price. Better than most in my area but they are still sticking it to you on the Winch.

Old 01-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

agreed

Old 01-21-2004, 02:41 AM
Trailblazer

Its a #s game. Hes giving you a lower price but charging for a free winch. In the end, hes still getting the price he wants. So, on paper it looks like you re getting the quad for $5300, then he charges for a free winch and labor to get back up to the price he wanted to start with.

If the best you can find is $6000 out the door and you re getting it for $5650, so what if hes charging more for the winch. Youre still coming out $350 cheaper. If you dont like this dealer, take the deal to another dealer and see if they ll match or beat it. Make sure thats out the door and hes not goin to add some more at the close of the deal.

Brad

Old 01-21-2004, 07:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

most Dealers are out to skrew you. they will try and pump you for anything they think they can get-away with. if you're not a smart shopper, they WILL get you.

in my area, you get the winch offer for $49.

one Dealer wants to add $150 labor to install the winch PLUS freight and set-up, the other dealer said they'll install it for free and there is no freight/set up costs.

BIG difference between Dealers in my area!!!LOL

-MT

Quick Reply: Sportsman - winch promotional offer