Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

AAEN PIPE, CLUTCH KIT, i need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAEN PIPE, CLUTCH KIT, i need help

well, this fall i bought a 1995 polaris scrambler 400 4x4, & i had done my homework, i know i did'nt want stock, i wanted a pipe, & possibly bored, which this had, i apid $2,200 & was a good deal, i did my homework, but it's truly a good quad & lots of my friends(i'm a highschool kid) so they want japanese, and say i don't want to shift. so now my top end is garbadge, i was on a road riding w/ my friend, he's got an acritc cat 250 utility & he even pulled away a bit, somethings wrong here?????, so i get to thinking & a distant relative who use to be a polaris mechanic says "when u put most after market pipes u gail low & mid, but your can kiss your top end goodbye" which i love dearly, but my wheeler just needs the top end, so i'm hoping u can understand my dilema, i need to first off check my belt, it may be loose or worn, that could be it, also i need to throw my dennis kirk catalog in the trash, because they have nothing good for polaris, performance, so now i'm thinking if my belt checks out, i'm gonna put a HOT SEAT, HYPERSHIFT CLUTCH KIT in w/ an AAEN TOP END PIPE, this will give me top end & it also shift too fast, i need it to hold back for more of a slap, or punch, it just seems to lay down & die right now, so let me know what u think.

- CAN I STILL CRAWL THROUGH MUD W/ CLUTCH KIT & GO FAST, & ALSO WILL I BE ABLE TO WALK IT OVER BACKWARDS & GET THE LOW/ MID RANGE W/ THE AAEN TOP END PIPE, THANX.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go with either Aaen topend pipe or HPD pipe or RCR which ever you choose get the clutch kit THEY recomend for thier pipe.MY ask them about the carb jetting for the pipe they can get you real close if not right on the money.All three of these have get customer service.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will get good top end i lost bottom end with dg pipe and gained a lot of mid and top end