Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer Oil Injection Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer Oil Injection Problems

I bought a 2000 Trailblazer off my friend. He had blown the engine on this thing twice. He is not the kind of person who breaks in his ride before he starts putting on performance parts. He put on a larger jet and a full exhaust including an aftermarket expansion chamber. With in 2 rides the oil injection seized and burned up the motor. He was able to have it rebuilt under warranty and then decided not to risk the oil injection failing again and he blocked it off and started pre-mixing. Now I am not sure of the details but I had heard it was after about 4 rides he had burned it up again. Out of frustration he sold it to me for $800 (keeping in mind this thing has hardly even been ridden, I thought it was a great deal.) anyway I just finished rebuilding the motor and have put everything back to stock. I am concerned about the oil injection though because it does not appear to be pulling the oil through the hose. I opened the bled screw and got oil into the injector but there is still a lot of air in the system. I wasn't sure if I need to run it for a while first to get the injector pulling oil or if it takes time for it to go through the system. I have also run 40:1 premix for the first tank as suggested by polaris. Sorry for the book but I really want to be careful to not burn it up again. Any advise would be appreciated.

Old 02-11-2004, 08:21 AM
Range Rover

Did you put the oil injector back on? If you did you dont have to premix. I would block it off. I have a 99 sport 400 that I bought used. When I checked the adjustment for the oil injector, I found out that the cable was snapped in the housing. I blocked it off and run 32:1 pre-mix with no problems. It seems to run stronger now that the injector is off. You dont have to worry about it not getting oil.

I purchased a Hot Seat Performance block off kit. I think it was like $ 32 including shipping. Real nice kit. Came with a plug for the oil injector gears and the cover. If you have any questions email me or anyone else on here will help too.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Chances are there was never anything wrong with the oil injection. He probably ran it lean and melted it down. I'm not sure why you are getting air in the line, might need to keep bleeding for a minute or two continuiously. Make sure the cable to the injector is adjusted as well. I like oil injection myself, but if there is a doubt premix it.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Make sure to put a NEW filter inline if you hook the oil inj. back up,That might have been the culprit to the melt down when the oil injection was hooked up ,,Maybe ???Check the obvious stuff first ,,

Old 02-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Range Rover

when u pull off the oil injector...make sure u have a good seal when putting on the block off plate if u suck air there it will cause it to need another rebuild...curb ps i csed yamaha sealant on mine cannot rem if it was #4 or #5 ..rick ritter told me to use that