Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Will porting make a big differences on my TB with the mods I got? Replies greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will porting make a big differences on my TB with the mods I got? Replies greatly appreciated.

I have an '02 trailblazer with the mods listed below, and I wanted to know if I got it ported would it make a noticable difference? What stage or type would be best? I want faster take-off, more bottom-end and more top. Thanks

Old 02-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Will porting make a big differences on my TB with the mods I got? Replies greatly appreciated.

Porting will make a big difference on your motor.Looking at your mods,I think that the 38 carb might be too big for trailblazer.Im not into blazers but my 400 could run the 38.Just seems odd that a motor that much smaller should run the same carb.Get it trail ported unless you want a total crotch rocket.Then race porting is in need.But for everyday use trail porting seems to work best for me.Give bubba297 a buzz,he can take real good care of you.Scott.

Old 02-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. A polaris dealer told me that thats the tmx carb I needed for a 250. So now I am stuck with it. Every once in awhile it gets to much gas in it and bogs, so when I get around to it I'll rejet it. Do you think it should smaller main, or polit jets on it?

Old 02-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Range Rover

Dont quote me as Im no carb expert.It all depends where in your rpm range you are have trouble with too much gas.Somebody should be along better equipped to answer this question.Id say a smaller carb,like the 34mm,off a xplorer 400 would be more in the neighborhood of your motor.Seems like the 38 would kill your bottom but ,jetted correctly,would scream at topend.Scott.

Old 02-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

yea the bottom end is alittle weak thats one thing I hope porting will help. Once it hits mid range its screaming (well for a trailblazer lol) Do you think smaller jets would help compensate?

Old 02-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

when u talk to bubba or anyone else i think that they will tell u that u should dump the fmf pipe and get an hpd, rcr, aaen, or hotseat.scott

Old 02-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

If you are going to tear into your cylinder I would waite until you have a little more money and get it reed converted. Then you can do the race porting and have a good running and dependable 250. Sell the 38 carb and get a stock 400 carb on ebay. Next step if you are wanting to go faster than the 400 then stroke it. If you want it to run great than contact Dennis with AZ BAD BOYZ http://www.users.qwest.net/~ddjshotwell/ really reasonable and you won't be dissatisfied.

Old 02-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

The smaller bore on the 34mm carb off a sport or scrambler will give you back some of the bottom end you lost with the 38mm.I ran one of those on a 400 and it did ok.PM me and I just might have a stock 34mm carb off of my 02 scrammy that I will let go.

Old 02-19-2004, 11:08 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I would not dump the FMF pipe, I have a FMF Gnarly, and I love it. I have seen a big gain with it.

Old 02-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

well the 400 is different than the 250 so i dunno. i still think that hpd or rcr would be better

Quick Reply: Will porting make a big differences on my TB with the mods I got? Replies greatly appreciated.