Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'HEEL CLICKERS' clutch kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2000, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope jack is totally wrong and this heel clickers kit does everything it says. It could really pull some life into some of the heavily modded Sports out there!

But it probably wont

Old 07-10-2000, 06:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ecorman,
I hope that I did not **** off Jack,he has been very informing in alot of these Forums.I also hope that my Mechanic Steve is telling me the truth about the heel clickers clutch kit.If its possible for the kit to do the things Steve says it will do,than thats great.

On the other hand,if Jack is correct,than I just lost the only Polaris mechanic in my area that I ever trusted.Steve is the same guy who repaired the Sportsman after all the trouble I had with it.Steve said he has done many of these kits on quads,why would he lie to me?

We are going to find out in a few hrs?====Bill

Old 07-10-2000, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider

If Jack is wrong I will streak naked through the forum! He is the Polaris GOD
Seriously though... I don't care who is right. I want the details of what happens. Whether they fit or not.
Bill, if they do work please E-mail me. We NEED to talk !
c-ya,

Old 07-10-2000, 12:15 PM
Range Rover

There is no way your going to get a 25 to 30% increase to the rear wheels. That would mean your transmission would be approaching 90% efficiency. I don't know of any vehicle with this kind of efficiency.

Old 07-10-2000, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I talked with Steve this morning around 9am.I read the entire post to him that Jack wrote to me.Steve's response was if im in doubt,that he wont install the kit,otherwise,have confidence in him and let him do his job.

I explained to him about the respect we Polaris guys have for Jack in these Forums and I was very confused at this time,as I also have respect for Steves opionion to.Anyways,the job is still being done.Let you guys know tommorrow the results.=====Bill

Old 07-10-2000, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

Steve called me today at work around 2pm and told me that they are missing a primary clutch spring.He knows im leaving this Thursday morning for a long Poker run.The spring will not be in until later this wk or early next wk.So the kit IS NOT installed at this time,HOWEVER,it is still on.

When I went to pick up the quad after work,I gave Steve a copy of Jacks post to me.He was with a customer at the time so he was unable to read it.I'll call him tommorrow and see what he says,=====Bill

Old 07-10-2000, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

I guess, in a small way, I'm glad it ain't happenin' 'til we get back. I don't know anything about this Heel Clickin' stuff. But it sure has gotten more attention than the Poker Run... Let's kill this one for now.
Thanks fellas...
Chuck, Suzuki KQ 300, GPS & lunch...

PS. Bill, I'm almost done with the brakes. Last one tomorrow.

Old 07-10-2000, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Chuck,
Jack has me so shook up that maybe im OK with the clutch kit not happening until we get back from our Poker run.If what Jack says is true about the clutch blowing up,I sure dont need that shi- happening on this Poker run.------Bill

Old 07-11-2000, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

I'm with Rob on this one. No clutch kit is going to put 10 extra HP to the rear wheels of my Scrambler. As Jack said, maybe its possible on a snowmobile, but its ridiculous to expect that from an ATV.

Old 07-11-2000, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

all i can say is,if it works put me in for one..but i do find it hard to beleive that it`ll add that much power..hope it works

Quick Reply: 'HEEL CLICKERS' clutch kit?