Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'HEEL CLICKERS' clutch kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2000, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone heard of this kit for quads?I explained to my dealer [the one who repaired the Sportsman correctly]how disappointed I was with the Erlandson clutch kit on my Sportsman.I told him for 230 dollars,I expected more.He told me about the Heel Clickers kit they have mastered for use on ATVs.He said I am to expect anywhere from 25-30% more power to the tires with a properly tuned Heel Clickers kit.WOW,that is a huge gain.He knows that I have EBS also and cliaims that the EBS will make NO differance with the Heel Clickers clutch kit.He also told me to tell you guys[you know who you are] that you do NOT know what your talking about saying that EBS robs the top end from your quad.Im thinking he is right,heck,EBS is not even in effect at the higher RPMs so how can it take anything away from the top end?Anyways,anyone tried this kit yet?It will cost me 300 hundred dollars installed,and he gaureeented I'd love the results.That is a huge differance in power going to the wheels, and I'd like to know if anyone else has heard of this yet?Thanks to all,====Bill

Old 07-06-2000, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My gosh e-mail me with the results! PLEASE!

Old 07-06-2000, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hoolio,
I myself cant wait to get this kit installed.300 dollars is a lot of $$,but so is 25-30% more power to the wheels.I'd gladly pay that price if it does what he says.He told me my quad is NOT an experiment,they have did over 60 of these kits allready,and NO one was disappointed.Cant wait====Bill

Old 07-07-2000, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

To the best of my knowledge they are not available specifically for ATV's, as the CVT cover does not allow them to extend out fully. Jack Schultz has bee working with them on a SP500 of his, and has said they do work well, but he has been doing the testing w/o his cover on.

Check out his site Schultz Motorsports for his evaluation.

Old 07-07-2000, 05:13 AM
Pro Rider

A400L,
Some machining is neccesary to make the kit work so they do fully extend and allow full swing.At least thats what my mechanic Steve said.Im thinking[not sure] that Jack Shultz is the one who earlier told me to forget adding this kit because they dont work,especially with EBS.Anyone who is willing to GAUREENTEE my results like Steve is,can have the job.I've explained to Steve what the guys on the internet have told me about clutch kits and EBS not working well together,he claims it;s all hogwash,

''WERE SOON GOING TO FIND OUT''
Bill

Old 07-07-2000, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Sound cool! wow that is a huge increase i hope it works good.

Old 07-07-2000, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Arrangements have been made for me to drop off the Xplorer this Sunday with the dealership gaurds,and Steve said it will be ready to be picked up this coming Tuesday.I'll let everyone know what I think.====Bill

Old 07-08-2000, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

I am one very interested person on this subject if it works on the expl 400 then it will work on the scram 400

Old 07-08-2000, 05:34 AM
Pro Rider

Jaime,
I 'll have you an answer on its performance this coming Tuesday.===Bill

Old 07-08-2000, 07:02 AM
Pro Rider

Way to go Bill I have been thinking from everything to a bigger carb to clutch springs if this work I might just go for this 30% is a pretty lot more...I had also always heard that ebs robs of 5 mph on top end...never really challenged mine will do 55 wide open...maybe we need to start a post on this but what you said about the EBS does kinda make sense...it is really nothing more than a jake brake...

Quick Reply: 'HEEL CLICKERS' clutch kit?