Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

AWD BYPASS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD BYPASS

I have a(98) exp 400 in my shed and the awd will blink in and out while in either hi or low range.I am pretty sure that it is the switch in the gear lever cause if i push a little on it ,the awd will stay engauged.I do not want to spend 120 cdn for a 4 way switch(that it insane)so is there a way to bypass this or to wire it out to a toggle switch .I am a marine electrical tech so I am not worried about wiring in a switch or two.Also the reverse over ride is a pain,any help there would be great.I do ot have a eletrical schematic of this bike where as i had one for my old 91 350L,if I did then I would figure something out .Any help or suggestions would be great,thanks.

Old 02-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD BYPASS

This is how i got rid of the reverse override on 2000 Scrambler 500 4x4

open up the front nose piece there you will find a rectangle rubber female spade connector there is 2 of them the one you want is the one with the grey wire with and orange stripe unplug that wire from the connector (REVERSE OVERRIDE IS NOW GONE) Now to get it so the 4x4 works is a little more difficult but it is easy look at your reverse override button the wires you want are the grey wire with a white stripe and a red wire with a white stripe see where they come down in the nose piece take a little bit of the insulation off of each one now take a wire and splice it between both wires tape them up good TADA you now have 4x4 and no revlimiter when in reverse without having to push in the button VERY HANDY Your reverse light and the AWD still work like normal too

this might work for you