Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DMC Alien or Yoshimura for Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMC Alien or Yoshimura for Predator?

ok i understand your point of the joggin thing... but i ride on the 60 acres my family owns right behind my house on old logging trails. if i aint riding there then i am in pits or on a track...

now i have nothing against a quite exhaust... but around here.. the "best pipe" is the one with the most power... it just so happens that they are also the loudest...

now if hpd has made a quite pipe that still produces the same power than great. more power to them and i hope they keep up the great work. from what i hear they are right out strait over there and makin some nice mods. but i think i heard that hpd had a louder pipe out that produced more power than the quite of they have out now...

Old 03-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

My pred is now over 120 db and i have not got into any big trouble with it yet....

Old 03-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Is that 120 dB actually measured, or are you guessing at that.

I'll get out my dB meter the next night or two and get readings off both my stock silencer and W/B pipe.

If you're actually at 120 dB, I feel sorry for you, and your hearing damage even with a helmet on. I doubt if you wear ear plug while riding do you?

Once again, loudness doesn't always equate to power. Doesn't matter if you're in the middle of no-where or not.

Just like a car stereo, loudness isn't always the "best" most accurate sound.

Old 03-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

DMC ALL THE WAY, i kill kids with the yoshi pipe on( the full system)

i love my ALIEN,

THIS pipe has crazy power

Old 03-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

fidge1
Pro Rider

My pred is now over 120 db and i have not got into any big trouble with it yet....

that is pretty loud, hope you dont go def man

Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad, let me answer your questions for you. Rath is getting paid to run white bros products. If you would look, Rath runs a turn down with no disc and a custom head pipe, and it is not db legal. The fact that Rath is running White Bros. has nothing to do with the db. It's about the money. This combo does make power. This pipe debate is getting old, no pipe is superior all across the entire rpm range. The pipe that works best will be determined by the rpm range of you engine. Some pipes make good power in the low and mid range, but give up a little on the top end, while others make big power on the top end but are down on power in the low rpm's. A pipe can not make an engine make more horse power. It can tune the power to work with the Rpm your engine is designed to operate in. Header diameter, primary length, and back pressure all play a role in how a pipe works with your engine, get it wrong and you will lose power, get it right and your engine will work to it's potetial, but the pipe will not make more power, but it can lose it. All that said most pipes make good low to mid power, while others are more drag oriented and don;t make good power down low, but great for drag racing.

Old 03-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Very well put SP700, same as a cam, it doesn't "make" more power, but it focuses it to a certain desired RPM range.

And before ModQuad comes back and you two get in another slap fest, lets try and keep this "discussion" focused on equipment, and not Performance Shop loyalties or my dad is faster than your dad discussion.....

Good points you brought up though. keep up the good work.

Old 03-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm not a huge fan of white bros pipes anyway, I think they actually decrease power if used improperly. I would vote on the HPD or Pure pipe. The pure pipe provides gains and it is still somewhat quiet, I'm not sure about the quietness of the HPD pipe, but I know it does give great gains.

Old 03-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Heapster my bike has parts on it from every shop except Hot Seat, I focus on parts that work not who builds them. I have never bashed the other shops, just defended inaccurate information that is an opinion and cannot be backed up with facts. I prefer to keep it technical, and not personal. I test alot of stuff, and communicate with other people who do the same. I don't get on here and tell about all the products that don't work, just to avoid the fall out.

Old 03-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ya.. darryl runs what he is told too. then cashes his check on friday.

Quick Reply: DMC Alien or Yoshimura for Predator?