Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my 04 Pred vs friends raptor 03 or 04. I won.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 04 Pred vs friends raptor 03 or 04. I won.

I'm not sure that you can say a whole lot about beating scramblers/sports either. That is where you are really going to get in trouble, cuz some of them can really kick a@@.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

You can talkany crp you want But remember this-- We don't call them CRAPTORS for nothing.It maybe fast now but that just makes It quicker to brake.
ALSO go ahead and try to beat anyone in reverse,You will ruin your tranny for sure!!
ONE more thing I smoke stock craptors evertime I race them with my Predator,and if I race my Scrambler 400 ,even my pred cann't keep up.
So whatch want you say about Scramblers because most ofthe people on this forum have some pretty worked up Scramblers that eat up CRaptors ever day!!!

Thanks
Matt @ TEAM Bricktucky Racing

Old 03-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

you said it fixitmatt, you can make those scramblers kitt some butt. mine is pretty healthy to ,and a like it.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

This discussion is exactly what owning a <insert your favorite machine name here> is all about - I mean if you didn’t have some one else to race and win/lose to would you ever spend the money on <insert your favorite machine name here> in the first place? As for me, the answer is simple - no way! I'd be hang'en out with the same group of guys at the nuddy-bar flash'n my new found fun money and complaining about the support checks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Further prof that all this Fake Racing makes the world a better place.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Range Rover

Sorry Maddog but I disagree with you. Even Yamafail will tell you that the YFZ is not as fast on the top end as the Craptor....The pred has repeatedly beat the Craptor in shoot outs in stock form...so I can't see a YFZ beating the Predator unless it's a 100 yard dash....Now modified is a different story.....

Old 03-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Fakeracing:

im in chico too. We should go riding sometime. Where you out at cycleland last weekend?

Old 03-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

im in chico too. We should go riding sometime. Where you out at cycleland last weekend?
Great to hear of other riders in the area! As for this past weekend, no I missed out on cycle land, a little to much fun the night before and the wife was not so happy with me. The Sunday a bunch of us are heading down to Marysville to ride - email me at Fake Racing and I'll give you the particulars... Since you
are getting into the race game you might enjoy ridding with Brian Endicott (picts on fakeracing.com) and Rich - Both are avid racers, and Brian was a Pro for many years.

fakeracing@yahoo.com

Old 03-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Lugnut03
Sorry Maddog but I disagree with you. Even Yamafail will tell you that the YFZ is not as fast on the top end as the Craptor....The pred has repeatedly beat the Craptor in shoot outs in stock form...so I can't see a YFZ beating the Predator unless it's a 100 yard dash....Now modified is a different story.....
Top end, yes. That doesnt start to show up until over an 1/8th mile race. But the yfz will beat the pred, raptor, banshee, and the trx450r in a 300' drag. And since that is what most sand drags are, its pretty important. The yfz is the quickest sport atv on the market today. I dont think that anyone will disagree with me on that.

You dont own a raptor. Craptor is a sometimes effectionate name given to the bike by their owners. I dont own a predator. It would like me talking about a "pretaturd". I'm not disrespecting your bike, so keep your mouth shut about mine.

Old 03-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

SURE I'll keep my mouth shut.BUT THEY ARE CRAPPY QUADS THAT ALWAYS BRAKE!!! I not saying this because I heard about it, I've HAD ONE!!THey are a Quick design that yamaha should have reworked to make them relieable.
HENCE the Name Craptor.If the name fits use iT! Don't cry!! You can make fun of any of my quads if I make you feel bad for owning a CRAPTOR!!!

I've just seen to many of those ATVs broken here in NJ

Old 03-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didnt really shut up like you said you would now did you?

I have owned 2, my cousin has owned 2. Not a single problem until I dipped into the engine on my last one, and that is my fault. There is nothing wrong with the raptor besides the one way and that is a case by case basis. Not all of them go out. If you dont start it in gear you typically wont have a problem.

Explain to me what "always breaks" since you have seen so many. There should be a pattern right? What portion of the design to you see as unfinished and needing attention from yamaha? Or are you just running your mouth with no support.

Quick Reply: my 04 Pred vs friends raptor 03 or 04. I won.