Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OK, what the hell is that?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2000, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, I think that is a snowmobile seat, but what about the engine? they said it was a streetbike 4stroke, but a triple 2stroke would rip!

btw, whats up with those huge shocks in the front?

Old 07-17-2000, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

At one time , (the early and mid 70's) Sled manufacturers made street legal three wheelers powered by sled motors , I had one I tooled around on one in the early 90's .
A 4 wheeled version like this would be fun on the street .
The one I had was an Allsport/Steen 340. Rupp had a model called the Centaur. They were featured in popular mechanics , it may be available on-line somewhere .
Rupp also had a machine called a *Ruppster*
A four wheeled thing similar to what you see in the pic , just smaller , I don't think it was ever street legal though .
I think a street legal go-cart like that would be quite entertaining . It seems the Vetter *Sparrow* sells well now , it is a street legal electric trike with 2 wheels up front and one in the rear . Who knows? When you manufacture vehicles I assume you are always wanting new markets , Polaris may be concidering just that. Vehicles like that have been built before .

Old 07-17-2000, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

they could be just testing out the engin and the transmition for stregth. If they are going to put it in the sportsman, they know what the suspensoin is going to be so they dont have to test it. So the put the engin and tranny in a outrageous looking vehicle so the noone thinks that the are testing it. kinda like the spy reports for the big auto makers, they put extra stuff on the outside so your not really sure what it looks like. So Polaris just through a butch of stuff on it so you cant tell really what it is or think it is something else like some of you and I first did.

well its just a thought

Muddog

Old 07-17-2000, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

scruffy you may be right because in a car magazine i saw the "new" range rover but it looked jsut like the old one but they said they were testing the new one in the old body

Chris

Old 07-17-2000, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

yeah, like a seat, a few oil coolers, glass packs, mirrors, street tires, oh yeah, and a cruiser engine....

Old 07-17-2000, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

didnt rover go bankrupt?

Old 07-17-2000, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without knowing all the facts, calling the ATV Connection staff "IDIOTS" may be unfair. Who knows what difficulties the cameraman may have encountered obtaining that one photograph? Surely, ATV manufacturers are as security-conscious as the automobile manufacturers when it comes to protecting information about their new models.

Certainly, everyone is anxious to know more about this new machine, but should the ATV Connecstion staff be called "IDIOTS" because their information is incomplete at this time?

Anyway, all questions will be answered when the new Polaris is released to the public (on April 1).

Tree Farmer

Old 07-17-2000, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

Take a closer look at the picture . . . especially if it is legit

1) double a-arms, no struts
2) independant rear suspension
3) manual tranny

I believe you guys have been asking for all this in a new sport quad . . . just narrow it a little, raise the seat and there you go. Raptor beware??

Old 07-17-2000, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

treefarmer
what do u mean the new machine will be released on april 1st. that was a while ago, i think any new machines for 2001 will be introduced at the dealers show in reno NV in september26.

that machine doesent look like its going to be a 2001 model anyways. maybee a 2002 0r 2003

later
jon

Old 07-17-2000, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

I believe Polaris may be thinking about throwing their hat in the SUV ring. Needs more seats though!

Quick Reply: OK, what the hell is that?