Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

speedo kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedo kit

just brought home a new 330 trailboss for oldest sone today. Had the polaris speedo kit installed by dealer 1st, but I
don't remember what warning/indicator lights were on it stock? after getting it home and riding it we noticed that the
speedo kit has the big lcd display for mileage/hours/and maintenance log, and below the speedo os a row of indicator
lights, but only the "n" and "r" lights work. Isn't the "H" light supposed to light up when in high? Also I noticed the yellow
reverse limiter switch on handlebars also has "speedo" printed next to it-even though this machine isn't equipped
with one from the factory. Couldn't I connect the two wires going to the "accessary addad-on" speedo scroll switch
into the two blank terminals of the connector to the yellow reverse limiter switch??? Has anyone tried this?

Old 04-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Range Rover
Default speedo kit

I also have the 04 330 trailboss black and yellow and I also had a speedo kit put on when i bought it.
As far as the indicator lights you will not see one that is "H" as the boss only has high and reverse. You will see the Nuetral light and the reverse light and if you ever get it to hot an over heat light. Mine has a little blue button that they installed for me to reset the odometer and hour meter etc. on the speedo. Hopefully the dealer gave you all the paperwork with the kit as it explains it well. Good luck with the boss, I love mine and do ride alot.

Old 04-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default speedo kit

How do you like your trailbooss with the k&n and different clutch spring??? Did the bigger rear tires take a lot of power away???

Old 04-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Range Rover
Default speedo kit

I love it with the different spring and K&N. Off course I had to change the jet to a 130 to richen it up a little after putting the filter on. The bigger tires didn't seem to make any difference that is noticeable except in clearance and a whole lot more traction. My wife has had me order some for hers now even after she rode mine on the trails last weekend. The primary spring was probably the biggest improvement. It seems to have a lot more low end torq since I changed it. I have also noticed with both of the trailboss' that when i run regular gas they don't run so good, but with premium they run great. For the money you can't beat the TrailBoss. I have had mine for 5 months and have 530 miles showing on the speedo already and I didn't even have that put on for a month after I got the bike.