Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

any tried the procom CDI on predator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any tried the procom CDI on predator?

are they worth the $$, or are they a gimick?? i know they claim to change the timing curve and give you about 1000 more RPM rev limiter. Is 1000 more RPM going to start floating the vavles?? ive only put on the pure polaris pipe, hot seat intake at 210 main jet, and want to know if this cdi really will make a diff. or go with the expensive ones out there like vortex?? thanks for any honest input.

Old 04-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

yep, works great. Havn't heard of any problems with valves floating. It does raise the rpm limit a good deal, but I can't verify how much seeing as I have no tach. I just know that my top speed increased a few miles per hour. I believe that it really does change the curve. You'll notice that it's harder to start in cold weather, but it does start. Once it's warmed up there are no more problems.

Old 04-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

My brother just got his today, and we plan on doing some before and after test on it. Some 300' and 660' time runs. I will give the results as soon as were done.

Old 04-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

I would go with the rath racing cdi box my friend put it on his quad and he said it was such a noticable difference. He put his to about 9700rpm but the top is 10,500. For around 400 bucks its a good mod.

Old 04-20-2004, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would go with HPD's, I think that hpds stuff is more reliable and just seems better....cuz they specialize in just polaris quad stuff. I like hpd, and highly suggest their cdi box.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
I would go with HPD's, I think that hpds stuff is more reliable and just seems better....cuz they specialize in just polaris quad stuff. I like hpd, and highly suggest their cdi box.
I've always thought the Rath, and HPD units were both made by Vortex? Maybe Im wrong.

Old 04-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
I have the Procomm on mine and it works awesome.

I don't buy "brand name" stuff just for the sticker they put on.
Most of these electronics are made by one or two manufacturers and then relabled and sold at a healthy markup....

Old 04-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The Rath and HPD units are both Vortex. The difference is HPD will reprogram your's for a period of time, after your purchase.
The Vortex and Procom's are two totally different animals. The Vortex has a variety of changeable curves, where the Procom is fixed.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I buy them for the name....because I usually get awesome products and great service that you can't beat. They will take care of you if something goes wrong. Yeah HPD's is reprogrammable, as Ken said.....I personally like it better.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

Get the Procomm. Works awsome. Best mod for the Buck!!!!!!!!!!!!11. I beat my brothers pred without it now by 3 bike lenghts.

Quick Reply: any tried the procom CDI on predator?