Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bigfoot Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2000, 05:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All i got to say is, If you find out were bigfoot lives, forget studying him. Im gonna come up there with yall yankee boys and bring my 30_.06 or my 308 (if ya know what that is) and we gonna go Bigfoot hunt'en yeeehaaaaaa!!!!!! Like i say, i believe it when i see it.

Old 07-25-2000, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I now take a little extra time to look around & listen when we are out in the woods. Earlier this month some psychiatrist (spelling?) saw one down at Oregon Caves state park. Who knows, maybe they do exist? Its fun to look around for him. If I catch one or get any pictures you guys will be the first to know!

LOL

Old 07-25-2000, 07:07 PM
Range Rover

Just a couple points that have nothing to do with atving but it's fun anyway:

1. What we would consider modern cartridge firearms (smokeless powder, longer range etc) have been around roughly 100 yrs. Given that generations of guys have been inclined to shoot things that don't appear normal (Don't give me a hard time about that statement--I'm as "2nd Amendment" as anybody!), and the display of such a carcass would bring instant fame, don't you think that the millions of hunters out there every year, year after year, would have got one by now? I don't care how intelligent they are, unless they've all been to Green Beret Univercity they couldn't elude everybody forever.
2. Has a dead body or "grave" ever been found? If they breathe air they die, like all of us--and no remains with weird DNA has ever been found that I know of. No scrap of hide, no bones, no teeth.
3. Tree Farmer brought up a good point about a viable population. What would that take to prevent degenerative defects from inbreeding? I don't know, but I would guess many hundreds at least in each area. Could all those large creatures subsist just on gathering and hunting? Or would a stable and somewhat confined population that wasn't free to follow the game have to grow crops of some sort too? (I know, there are majiuana fields back in there but you can't get that big on hemp.)
3.Photography has been around longer than modern rifles. Of all the millions of professional and amateur pictures taken out in the country, you would think by now someone would have accidentally caught a Bigfoot flipping us off in the background.
Believe what you want, but Yeti or Bigfoot or the Skunk Ape haven't left a provable trace anywhere in the world, or have I missed it? Still, maybe someday something will be found, and it will take somebody looking for it, not a skeptic like me.

Old 07-25-2000, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Gooch,

You make valid points. I know a bunch of good ol' boys back in Georgia who will shoot anything. If it walks, trots, crawls, jumps, climbs, flyes, soars, hops its fair game to be shot. If it did exist, I am sure someone would have shot one by now! Its fun to think "what if"?

Old 07-26-2000, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

Some of you have some valid questions that have been made for years about the bigfoot phenomenon. Most of the questions have been addressed on the BFRO web site. www.bfro.net. As far as an unknown species going for years undiscovered, it is possible. The Pacific Northwest has thousands of acres that go unvisited by people. In fact there have been several airplane crashes in these remote areas and the government was never been able to find the wreckage. As far as hunters go, theres several sighting reports made by hunters all over the country. Most of the hunters stated they couldn't shoot at the creature because it looked to human like, others said they didn't believe their gun had enough knock down power and they didn't want to take a chance in pissing it off. But like I said alot of these questions are answered on the BFRO site.

As far as my belief in the existance of Bigfoot, I have not decided either way, thats why I'm assisting in its investigation. I'm just looking into the reported sightings to see if there is any truth in them. If there is, then I'll believe the animal exists, if not then its a hoax. The only thing I find hard to believe is that there have been sightings of this animal for approximately 1000 years, by different types of people from every walk of life, how can they all be wrong. Millions of people believe in their religion without physical evidence that it exists, is it all a hoax?

Some scientists believe, Bigfoot is a decendant of a 10 foot tall ape that once inhabited China and may have crossed the Bering land bridge, over 100,000 years ago.This ape has the scientific name of Gigantopithecus and has been proven in the fossil record. Remember the Mountain Gorilla was thought to be a hoax until its discovery in 1909. The panda bear the same until its dicovery in the late 1800's. There are other animals thought to be extinct that they have found alive and well.

The only reason I put this post up was to see if any one riding their ATV's have seen or expierenced anything. I wanted to give them a chance to tell their story and not be laughed at. I thank you guys that have given intelligent input and questions and if you guys ever hear or see anything strange let me know.

The guys that gave the negative posts. They don't bother me, they have trouble spelling simple words correctly, so how would they even be able to comprehend an illusive evolutionary phenomena such as a decendant of gigantopithecus. Again thanks to those who who added intelligent posts and remember to keep your eyes open you never know what you might see.

Old 07-26-2000, 02:09 AM
Trailblazer

discovery

Old 07-26-2000, 02:35 AM
Trailblazer

elusive not illusive.

Touche

Old 07-26-2000, 10:35 AM
Range Rover

ptlm3:

Among other points you made, the one about shooting something walking upright is a good one. Unless it's drooling blood and coming on with a club I couldn't either. Otherwise it would feel like murder. And I probably wouldn't have the presence of mind to snap a picture even if I had a camera in hand.
The existance of similar legends in many far-flung cultures is indeed fascinating. I just don't believe (yet) that it's a world-wide race of flesh-and-blood creatures. But I'm glad you didn't take my skeptism personally--by your reasonable (and reasoned) come-back you do your subject credit.

Old 07-26-2000, 10:48 PM
kws
Trailblazer

if i see one he will be dead because my 7 mag. will have taken care of him all you people say you have seen one i will have that
sucker in the back of my truck so no one will say i'm crazy when i say i saw a bigfoot and if it's a man playing a joke he's just out of luck. but chances are that i will see one is very slim seeing is how they don't exsist.............

Old 07-26-2000, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

If you know they do not exist ,why would you knowingly shoot a man in a monkey suit? Cold and lonely in jail ya know.

Maybe it's just cold , you'll make friends

Quick Reply: Bigfoot Sightings