Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

expedition 425 questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2000, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well ive been shopping for my new exp.425, prices range from $6500 all the way down to $5399.out the door..is that a good price? its supposed to be 100 over dealer cost,can anyone tell me if thats true..luckily i have a trip planned out this way as the $5399 deal is 3 hours from my house,but like i said im going camping less than a half hour away from that dealer in 2 weeks,they have 3 in stock so there should be at least one left,i hope.oh and there interested in my magnum on trade,without seeing it anywhere from $3200-$3800...alot better deal than what the dealer that sold it to me offered,he wouldnt even take it on trade,no he didnt even offer a dollar amount flat out said no i dont want it..what an ***

Old 08-01-2000, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

5,399.00 is a very good price. Especially considering its august 2000 already. I paid 5200.00 base price because my sales rep. made a mathamatical error and it was supposed to be 5300.00 so your 399.00 is over. that was 15 months
ago though. I know they made it back somewhere else right away because I was buying lots of accessories from them. I think they overchanged me for the warn. winch I bought. See, they made it back the same day. If you can get 53-anything. take it. rangerchet

Old 08-01-2000, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rangerchet I Hear a challenge. And i accept Lets Plan a date And hopfully it rains for a week just to make it intersting. If not i will just have to do it in reverse Remember that one.

Old 08-01-2000, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

425Xpedition,
I see Im not the only one who drinks too much rough terrain or rides too many tasty adult beverages!!

I think Im gonna get the Performance kit for mine soon, I'll let everyone know how it turns out...hopefully as well as 425Xpedition's did.

Old 08-01-2000, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Well when I bought mine I paid $5269 and the dealer said they making a little over a $100 buck on the bike. I have also heard rumors of bigger bore five speed coming but no one will say what size.

Old 08-01-2000, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

i thought it was a good price..i think the 425 will be enough power to last me for a little while..ill wait a while before i buy another one after the 425..thanks for the help,i should be test driving it next monday and see what i get for a price on my magnum for trade. every once in a while i hear this voice in the background yelling we dont have the money,how are you going to pay for it,it sounds like my wife but i keep ignoring it.. im working on her financing me it`ll work

Old 08-04-2000, 12:44 AM
rtu
Weekend Warrior

Well,
I am new to this...
But, my 425 has preformed better than I could have expected. I have owned Honda ATVs and this bike out preformed every Honda I have owned, at least up until now. I can't see why any one could want any more preformace for this bike offers, or something... . hehe. Anyway, nothing stock in this bike's class has touched it yet, at leased with the folks I rid with. Really, how much does the KN and Outerwear increase the preformance of the 425? For $30 -$50 it seems too good to be true.

Old 08-04-2000, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider

rtu,

Glad to see you're enjoying your Xpedition. Polaris took the right step, IMHO, offering a gear driven quad to thier lineup. Fortunately for us, their are good deals to be had on them. Most folks that concider Polaris are looking for automatics. The down side to this is aftermarket performance mods. Being a slow seller, aftermarket companies aren't jumping, producing aftermarket products. Things are slowly changing though.
To answer your question on the K&N filter. I have not noticed much difference with the K&N installed. The biggest difference is in torque. As an example: Alot of trails I ride are fairly tight. On a spirited ride, I'd find myself mid rpm in 3rd gear, while 4th was a little to tall to pull me comfortably. With the K&N, I find myself doing the same trails in the taller gear. It's not that big of deal, other than personal preference. I haven't noticed any top end gain
425Xpedition said with the addition of the supertrapp exhaust and jet kit, it wakes the motors up. That is probably in my future.
If you decide to get one, the prefilter off your Polaris filter works fine.

Brian

Old 08-04-2000, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Its always nice to see some new xpedition 425 owners in here. We were a pretty small group. Look
how many sp500 owners there are or 400 xplorer owners.

When I put my k&n air filter in. I did not gain any top speed, but the machine will reach each gears top speed sooner now. Thats the best way, I can describe it. I saw on the highlifter web site that they have a performance kit for an xpedition now. which includes a pipe. They want 412.00 dollars for it. I spent enough this year on my atv, so maybe next year. In the woods, my xpedition has plenty of power and speed. I have never got stuck or not been able to get through some terrain because The xped. ran out of power. If I get stuck, it is because the xped. got hung up. You know you have a good machine then. Up in northern minnesota, I see allot of trails that go around some bad mud spots. I almost always drive in them, and get through. I think in the future, down the road. If polaris came out with a xped. 625 cc ?-speed or something like that. I might want(probably), want it. I would love to have 28 inch mud bug tires with itp magnum billet aluminum rims. Probably have to buy a lift kit. Down the road. For now, I can tell you this, and its a fact. With my 26 inch mudbug tires and itp magnum billet aluminum rims. Everybody checks them out. Everybody. They look sharp and perform well. The set up is so light, I did not loose power, going to a larger then stock tire.

rangerchet, 2000 polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speed.

front and rear 2-bar bumpers. 2000 lb. warn. winch
mounted in front. short extender bar mounted on front storage rack. 2-gun, gun rack mounted on that. large extender bar mounted on back storage rack. Tamarrack utility box fits nicely inside that. Extended mud skirts. k&n air filter. 26 inch mudbug tires with itp magnum billet aluminum rims.
progressive lift=heavy duty front springs with cams.................

ps: there is 2 pics. of it on
lurch 77's web site. They are small but I found if you click on the picture it enlarges it. There is one other pic. of it stuck in a mud hole where I just had to get off and give it throttle and a push and it climbed out. My friend, Jaime, took a quick pic. first because he was in front and his sp500 did not get stuck. However, have many of you noticed that an atv in front will dig down a rut, then the next atv will get stuck, and so on....the
sp500 was better in the mud then mine, however. Were almost as good though!!

Old 08-04-2000, 02:27 PM
rtu
Weekend Warrior

dusty,

That is exactly what I am looking for. For now. I noticed that my bike seems a little flat through the gears, hence my question. I would like to get that performance package from High Lifter; but like most, I have blown my budget on other got-a-have stuff. But I will get the K&N this weekend. I would like to make more torque through the gears. Down here in the Louisiana, much of my riding is on logging roads and every once in a while through the tough stuff. I try to avoid the mud and water when ever possible. I just cant stand to see it muddy. I had to sell my 4x4 ( with a 400 BB) because I couldn’t stand to see that black pant splattered with mud, or something. Go figure. Sounds sick don’t it!!!J Really, the 425 does it job, what ever I ask of it. Mud, Water, or gassin it, the bike does it without question.