Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

raced the v-force today opened the can!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raced the v-force today opened the can!

Well I finally got to race that kid that thought he had one-bad-v-force. I raced him 5 times, twice on pavement, twice on dirt, and one quarter mile on dirt. The outcome were as follows (keep in mind that these are both 2004 quad, and neither one of us has dragged raced our quads before)

1st race(pavement): He got the hole shot pretty good, I didnt get much of start cause I was afraid of flipping backwards or something, and I also used the clutch to shift(doh this is a drag race matt!) so anyways he got the hole shot but once I got in 3rd I started pulling to him pretty good, but not enough. He beat me by about 1 quad lenth [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

2nd race(pavement): I said screw it, I was gonna get a good start this time. I did alot better(I was in a wheelie until I forced it down when I got to 3rd, my friend said it looked awsome) But, he still got the hole shot. It was alot closer and I powershifted the gears all the way through. I beat him barley, the kids at the finish line said I beat him by maybe 3 feet.

3rd race(dirt): Once again I wheelied at the beggining pretty hard, but he still beat me out of the hole!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] But I did win still, by about a quad lenth or so.

4th race(dirt): This was my best race, I leaned on the handlebars of the pred to avoid the wheelie and got an awsome start. If first gear wasnt so low I probly wouldve lead the whole race.

5th race(quarter mile, in dirt): This one really suprised me, the pred really has alot more top end that the V, We took off, he got the hole shot and once I hit 4th gear it was cake from there, passed him up and didnt see him again until the end of the race.

I do have some things to say about the V tho. I love the torque in that thing, and the auto really does help on the hole shot. Its also got a better and more comfartable seat than the pred in my opinion. But I would still prefer my pred. That guy was talkin so much trash all day at school today(he basicly invited the whole school to coem watch the race) I loved every minute of beating the PI$$ outta him. He was so mad going home, I wonder how hes gonna act tommarrow!

Old 05-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The v lacks alot on top end...basicly because the stock clutch weights and primary clutch spring sucks...with a 20$ mod he should take you untill the very top end...good post

Old 05-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, awesome post...ya the v is a beast...but honestly..for a two wheel drive..I would never get a quad in the 500 pound range....but that thing still hauls a$$...Was his v-stock???? I saw that yours was stock...put some mods on that pred!!

Old 05-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

congrats on the win. i hate cocky people. if he had any clue, he wouldnt have been talking trash to begin with. dont be worried about getting the holeshot against a vforce. it will be impossible (with the same class riders) unless you do some mods. i agree with friesen. if he spends a little bit of money on a clutch kit you may be in trouble. better start saving your money for some mods. i am sure he is going to want paybacks.

Old 05-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mabell1
congrats on the win. i hate cocky people. if he had any clue, he wouldnt have been talking trash to begin with. dont be worried about getting the holeshot against a vforce. it will be impossible (with the same class riders) unless you do some mods. i agree with friesen. if he spends a little bit of money on a clutch kit you may be in trouble. better start saving your money for some mods. i am sure he is going to want paybacks.
Nothing better than making a cocky arrogant person eat crow, huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol. Congrats

Old 05-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Drag racing "out of the hole" tips:

Start in 2nd gear (less chance to hit neutral and gets you up to speed faster), keep RPM's mid range, The Flag Drops!

Feather the clutch off the line while punching the throttle (don't just drop the clutch - hence your wheelie)

You can still use the quick clutching while banging up through the gears.

Remember a slower good full shift is always better than a too fast missed shift.

good job representin' Pure Polaris Power!

Old 05-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i knew you take him, stock vs stock....good job! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Congrads on the win man! Cocky people don't deserve to win no matter what they ride. My cousin ownes

a preddy and he was not happy with the power "stock", so he put an aftermarket pipe on it and let me

tell you that thing is like a totally different beast now. He could not be happier! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Based on your post i would't say "you opened the can" you said that in your best race you still werent in the lead the whole time. But congrats on the win anyway.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:58 PM
Range Rover

Simster570... Turned out pretty much like I thought. Remember, I stated you would be chasing him down for 300 feet but top end you would defenetely have the advantage. The V's hole shot is awsome!! Good post!!

Quick Reply: raced the v-force today opened the can!