Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

pred steering stem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pred steering stem

Who has removed or replaced there stock steering stem yet?
And for what reasons?

Old 05-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I've messed with both of HPD's reg. chromoly, and chromoly anti-vibes. A solid investment....especially the anti-vibe with it's included billet clamp. About the only one on the market with a provision for a tether. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2004, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah modquad I am just not sure what to do? I dont want to spend a lot of money due to the fact that I am only a weekend rider pretty much. Look at it this way there is only 20 hrs on my pred within a 5 month period what does that say (no time to ride) and it that time I have managed to bend my steering post. The way I could tell something was wrong, was when I looked at the handlebars in a Kneeling position, straight on. The bars looked tilted down to one side more than the other, so I tore it apart and had other riders look at the stem with me while it was installed still. and they all said they could see a slight bow in the stem shaft when I would turn it right or left. >Sorry for the long explanation< So basiclly It comes down to mucho denero. I would love to have hpd's stem, not the anti vibe model though. But for as much as I ride I was thinking of going with the stock stem again maybe an upgraded bearing clamp for it, and a new set of handlebars preferably a set that uses the stock clamp but a set that tapers from a 7/8'' inside to a 1-1/8'' outside and still keeps everything on the instrument pod to appear stock. Is there such a set-up out there for me? I am in limbo here! Is there such a set of bars like that? If so what is a good choice? Where do I find them?
It just seems that everyone that has a set of aftermarket bars has had to fit everything from the pod somewhere else or has had to buy an aftermarket clamp with the bars. Get where my confusion is coming from? Please anyone with some help or advice before I make a costly decision.............................Thanks

Old 05-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

So PM me with an offer on my stock stem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]