Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

exhaust for pred?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust for pred?

i looked at the LTE pipe the duals look sweet but do u have to remove the air box to use them? are they really loud? i have the wb slip on and love the way it sounds but i have heard that wb isnt coming out with much for the pred so im looking for a full system, i dont plan on full out racing but i plan on doin and bunch of performance mods to the motor this winter and next spring, just lookin for your oppinion on what to get? i have heard the Yoshi titanium pipe was really good too but i dont want anything too loud
thanks guys

Old 05-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The current W/B Pure Polaris that you're running is a great all around performer. Especially if you're planning on getting involved in racing.....most have sound checks now. If you haven't already, check out the Iowa harescramble races. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

yes i do love my w/b slip on but are they gonna make the headpipe for it. I need one for a matched exhaust system and the stock one is rusting pretty bad im gonna repaint it in a couple weeks but i might as well buy the header if they have it out yet or at all thanks

Old 05-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer

There is a reason that there is not a headpipe available you know. As I understand it, in 2002 (I know, Preds didn't come out 'til '03 but they were available in '02) there was a W/B headpipe available but there was no real performance to gain versus the stock head pipe as it is already big enough. Also I think that the W/B silencer was made with the stock head pipe in mind. As far as the rusting headpipe, they all get bad. I had mine Jet Hot coated from Jet Hot (Sweet!) If you become a member of Predator Owners.com, and you mention it they will give you a break on coating your header. ($44 + $20 shipping) I don't have a pic of mine, but a good many do on this forum as well as others at predatorowners.com, check them out. You would probably want to have the "Sterling Finnish". This will aleviate any ugly looking head pipe. Also helps to keep the exhaust gas temps down. Do yourself a favor and check into this.

Old 05-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You can send them the rustiest pipe, and they send you a work of art back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Also helps reduce temps up front.