Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

stock airbox modz

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock airbox modz

say what you want psychotic,we know they arent junk.its so fun smoking you 400ex boys with my "junk" polaris..

Old 05-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can take a joke, keyword: A JOKE, but hereing the same "joke" 501 times a day gets old.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

So it is okay to remove that rubber elbow/y piece that mounts on the front of the airbox?

I have ran without it when I was just riding around my parents subdivision on concrete and grass. I am concerned when I hit the dirt trails it gets dusty or if I ride in rain I might run into some problems because the 2 holes are more open on the front of the box even though the filter is sealed tight against the bottom of the box.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, it is there to remove, so that you can lean it out a bit for different weather conditions. It isn't going to do much forthe dust, but will help in the water. I used to have mine jetted so that when I am trail riding in like 50-80 degree weather I would run without the snorkle, 80 and above, and short drags, I would take the cover off, and 50 and below with the snorkle and cover... It is like tweeking the jetting...

Old 05-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

so it wont hurt anything to take of the ruber snorkle and not rejet?

Old 05-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

That would really depend how it is jetted in the first place, and also the temp. But more than likely, no! Do you know how your plugs look now? Check them out, then take the snorkle off and check them again...

Old 05-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

my plugs stay a bit on the black side, so i guess i should be fine, but i'll test 'er out tomorrow! thanks!

Old 05-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

but by removing those little boots will you realy c any more performance power? inside the airfilter there is a piece of plastic. the plastic is right behind the 2 intake holes and sort of wraps around the front of the air filter. im thinkin bout cutting that out. i feel by me doing this there will there be a less restriction of airflow to the filter. any advice before i ruin a good air box?

thanks

ross

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Badazz, we are talking about the boot that has a single hole that attaches to the air box over the two holes with at large hose clamp, and comes up to the top of the seat and gas tank. If you bought yours used, it may no have one. That boot acts like a snorkle and to restrict air to the box if needed. Most people run without it. I did during the summer, then put it back on for the winter. It is almost the same as rejetting, it restricts the cold air by half instead of mitering the gas down by regetting for the cold weather...

Old 05-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Good idea Redbull, not in the spring mud/water season here, but when its dryer than a popcorn fart two months from now i'll try it while keeping aneye on the plug. 00 Explorer 400

Quick Reply: stock airbox modz