Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator---Should I ReJet it!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator---Should I ReJet it!!

I have a 04 predator with these parts------
Pure polaris slip on (white brothers) 14 discs,no quiet core,but has the spark arrester
The Whole Pipe Is JET-HOT Coated(ceramic coat)
Dyno-Jet kit.
K+N drop in filter(stock air box)
Rath Air scoops(just for cooling and looks)
Other then those parts and others that don't effect the engine,This engine is stock.
It has seemed to me that the quad has been running Hot(lean) since i got th Jet-hot coating.So I took the sparkplug out and Noticed that It was abit on the white side,Not so tan or gray but, a Very light Tan almost white.
This has got me concerned---The carb had a 45 and a 160 main jet, The needle was in the number 4 spot.I changed the needle to the middle 3rd spot,Do you guys thik that the change will be enough or do you think I should go up one more a the main jet.
One last thing ---dosen't that sound like a big jet for my set up.Who Has what jet with what parts???anything like Me?? and dose my set up and jetting sound normal??

Thank you
Matt Spears

Old 05-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Your dyno jet kit instructions should tell you were you need to be.

Old 05-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have the instructions for the dyno-jet kit because it was put in at the dealer the day i got it new.

I'm just trying to find out what everyone who has about the same set up has.I think that maybe i have to go up one jet size.But that seems odd that my set up would have to have a jet of that size ,without a air box mod other ten he K=n drop in.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???????
It dosen't seem to run to bad, just hot!
where is modquad when you need his help??(just kiddin,he always has a answer)
Who has some ideas??

Old 05-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Trailblazer

Matt, I have close to the same setup as you. I have: W/B drop in foam air filter and the W/B exhaust (only 12 disks installed) no quiet core but do have the spark arrestor, my head pipe(s) is JetHot coated also. I did not buy or use a Dyno-Jet kit, I just went to the dealership and bought the 160, 165, 170, and 172.5 MIKUNI small round jets. If you are using the Dyno-Jet jets, the numbers do not correlate with the MIKUNI brand! For instance a Jet-Hot 160 main does not have the same size hole in the middle of the jet as a MIKUNI 160 main. Anyway, as far as mods go I also have the Hard Rock air box mod. My elevation is 1400' and I am running a MIKUNI 172.5 main with the needle e-clip in the 4th setting down from the top. Hope this helps.

Old 05-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info.I did not know that the dyno-jet jet were differant.I was wondering why the kit had a 155 in it when i got it. I knew then though that th 155 was to lean so I put a 160 in it. After I got the JEt-hot coating it seemed Like it was getting hotter and I know that the coating was suppose to make it run cooler,so, I figured that it was leaner because of the increase in exhust flow.
Two other riders that have rode my quad both think it is lean also. Because of this thought I checked the plug and it was On the white side (bone color)