Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What are some of the best lighening tricks for-- scrammy

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some of the best lighening tricks for-- scrammy

Like Friesen already stated, make sure you switched to pre-mix. A quick one, not sure which year they switched, but check your front bumper. The 4x4's came with an aluminum unit, it's a cheap wt. loss. Chromoly steering stem from Hot Seat. Chromoly a-arms from AZ Bad Boyz. Ixnay the fan, run Water Wetter. Chromoly swingarm.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Range Rover

take out the tranny and run a jackshaft like a sled does, ive heard of it working on a trail blazer im sure theres some fabricating involved, but thats a lot of wieght and rotating mass your loosing

Old 05-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

the biggest weight s aving came from the frame,but not everybody can affor or just need it,but on a 400 2 stroke remove,all 4x4 system,hubs,put front 2x4 struts than (expensive switch)switch to a 2x4 tranny (aagain expensive switch,remove whole fan assit system,go for a hot seat swingarm (lighter and stronger)remove battery,battery holder plate,remove clutch air induction plastic (whole out),cut the floorboard out,,meawhile rear frame bar is to remain,just put a footpegs each side and you're gone,any aftermarket silencer save weight,hot seat steering,and steering post block,hot seat bar,you can even put it on a 500 scrammy gas tank to save some weight in the long run,,,it is 1/2 gallon lighter,front a-arm from aaen also save weight and give wider front suspension,all of this and i'm missing some few but i should be a lot lighter than,mine is around 435 lbs with all that said and done.

Old 05-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

i did for got,whole starter system,oil injection and tank off kit,
flywheel,no airbox use a direct filtercharger,chain guard,,,and so on..

Old 05-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

I forgot to say That I already have the oil injection block off and the scrammy 500x bumper.AZ-bad Boys would be a good idea to contact.
I guess I'll forget about the HPD race frame,TOO much money. For that price I'll by a used Predator and try too put the scrammy 400 set up in it.A little stretching and some kind of different tranny/jackshaft,or even flip the swinarm so the srockets are on the same side.Or maybe a DS650 frame, who knows But HPD is pie in the sky ****.
i do like the idea of putting/welding on a 250r front end on the scrammy frame. That is probley what I'll end up doing.

So what can I do for he Predator now that you all have covered the scrammy.